Surnames: Rosenstein
Need info and pictures. Thanks!!!

Grace
laposadanm@yahoo.com

Re: Simon Rosenstein

Posted: 18 Feb 2011 4:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
You might want to add just a little more information....

When was he born? (even an approximate year)

Who he may have resided with in Bernalillo County.

Was he married?

There is a Harry and a Rory Rosenstein living in Lordsburg, NM in the 1930 census, but no Simon.

Posted: 18 Feb 2011 7:16PM GMT
Simon Rosenstein lived in Albuquerque New Mexico in the mid 1850's with his wife Altagracia Armijo y Ruis. He emigrated from Germany sometime in the 30's or 40's. His DOB is 1815 in Hannover Germany. He was a merchant in the Old Town area and the last census he lived in Santa Fe in the 1870's. Would appreciate anything anyone might have.

Posted: 18 Feb 2011 8:15PM GMT
1850 Census of Bernalillo County, sheet 53 (2 Nov 1850)

ROSENSTAN, Simon - 36mGE Merchant (Real Estate Value 602)
Guadlaupe - 22fNM
PEREA, Pablo Antonio 14fNM
PERA, Antonio 32mNM Servant
PADWELLO (Padilla), Tucho 11mNM

Posted: 19 Feb 2011 12:19AM GMT
Thank you for your info on Simon Rosenstein. I have been able to find a few bits of info 1850-1870, but nothing before or after those years.

Posted: 7 Jan 2012 1:13AM GMT
Hello,

Simon Rosenstein ran a store in the Albuquerque plaza. See the NM Historical Review, Vol. 18, p. 28 and Henry Tobias' book Jews of New Mexico. Also, you can google the speech of the Honorable Richard Weightman and search inside for Rosenstein for an account of his imprisonment in Albuquerque by the Americans in 1849.

HTH
Naomi

Posted: 7 Jan 2012 2:49AM GMT
Hi, Thank you for your suggestion. I have already found this info. I have found few items on this relative; such as date and place of arrival to America. I also have had difficulty finding exact place of birth and upbringing. Only info is Germany as his homeland. Not enough info to continue searches. Of course, I would appreciate any help I can get. Should you find any, pls keep in touch. Thank you,
per page

Find a board about a specific topic