Search for content in message boards

PAYANT

PAYANT

Mark Stephens (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2006 8:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandmother, Albina Payant, died in Minnesota. As far as I know she was born, or lived, in Glengarry, Ontario. Any ideas on how to go about researching her. She was born in 1866. Does her name show up on anybody's research?

Thanks,

Mark Stephens
Sonoma, CA

Re: PAYANT

Posted: 11 Apr 2006 12:41AM GMT
Edited: 29 Nov 2006 5:45AM GMT
Was Payant her married name? Do you know her husband's name? Do you know her maiden name? Does the death certificate list any other information? Do you know about when they moved from Canada to MN ?

I found these Payants in 1870:

Payants living in Faribault, Rice, MN in 1870 and listed as born in Canada:

Albeno Payant b c1866 White Male
Angeline Payant b c1812 White Female
Clement Payant b c1830 White Male
Georgiana Payant b c1850 White Female
Joseph Payant b c1844 White Male
Leroy Payant b c1865 White Male
Lewis Payant b c1810 White Male
Mary Payant b c1842 White Female
Mary Payant b c1863 White Female
Odilli Payant b c1831 White Female
Remi Payant b c1834 White Male

Also, there seems to be only a few Payants in Ontario, but there is a crap load of them in Quebec. I didn't find an Albina, though.
Posted: 24 Oct 2012 2:44AM GMT
I appear to be a "few" years late in replying to this. Sorry. Mary Payant was her married name and she was married to Clement Payant. As far as I know, Clement was from Glengarry, Ontario.

Re: PAYANT

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 11:12PM GMT
I found Clement's parents in the 1851 census. They were Louis Payant and Francoise Desautels. There is also a marriage record for Louis and Francoise in the Druin collection for Quebec. I can't read French and don't see a date, but they were married sometime in 1809. Louis was born around 1787.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic