Search for content in message boards

COLLINS

COLLINS

Bonnie Grimmius (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Mitchell COLLINS was b. Nov. 1842 in Northern Ireland. He immigrated to the U. S. at the age of 19 (1842) landing in New York. Mitchell worked a year in New York and a year in Philadelphia in the oil fields before moving on to Clinton IA where he married and started his family with Anna GRAVENOR. Mitchell & Anna eventually settled in Elberon, IA where they raised their family and are buried.
The county where he was born has never been learned as any other family members. I have much inf. to share to date.

Irish Ancestor

Bonnie Grimmius (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: COLLINS
I learned recently from an uncle that Mitchell COLLINS came to U.S. with a couple of friends and they lost contact with one another (where I don't know, probably after he married in IA where he remained) No other known COLLINS siblings in America or Texas that we are aware of. My query may appear misleading, as all I have is family born in the U.S.

F. B. Collins

Cindy Haba (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Collins, Ferguson
Looking for information on F.B. Collins. Born 1790 in Ireland and died 1848 in United States. Married Jane Duke. Married Eliza Ferguson. Had eight children F.E., Flavious J., Martha Ann, Mary Jane, Margaret E., Pleasant B., Luiza and Daniel. I am a descendant of Pleasant B. and his son Fieldien Jefferson and his son Archie B. Known history begins in Texas. Believed to have entered the United States and settled in Texas. Perhaps, Daniel Collins served in the Civil War.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic