Search for content in message boards

St George Cemetery Records

St George Cemetery Records

Posted: 30 Jun 2010 10:15AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
I wonder if anyone know where the best place to get information on burials in the St George Cemetery is? I've tried calling the cemetery itself several times, leaving a message each time, and no return calls.

Does anyone know how else I could confirm burials and get a map of where they're at? I plan to be visiting that area in mid July.

Thanks,

Todd G

Re: St George Cemetery Records

Posted: 2 Jul 2010 2:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have never been able to reach anyone connected with St. George's cemetery (and I live in the area!). Not sure if it will help you, but here's a link to numerous tombstone photos in St. George's:

http://www.usgwarchives.org/wi/cemetery/kenosha-stgeorges.ht...

Good luck.

Posted: 6 Jul 2010 5:43PM GMT
The cemetary caretaker has been having a number of health issues lately. If you actually go to the cemetary, while he is there, he can help you find whatever you need. He's very helpful. The problem is figuring out when he's there or not. You might contact St. Elizabeth Parish (262-657-1156) about his availability, since they are the Catholic parish connected to the cemetery now.

Posted: 11 Jul 2010 8:34PM GMT
Yes, the director of the cemetery has been ill. Try this number 262-914-1353.

You can go to the cemetery between 8am and 3pm and the head groundskeeper will try to help you. He may recognize the names on some of the stones you're looking for, but official maps and requests usually come from the director. As already suggested, I would let the church/rectory office (262-657-6875)know your calls are not being returned if the above number doesn't help you reach someone.

Posted: 15 Jul 2010 10:06AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Thanks for all the comments. Since my posting, I have actually made contact with someone. However, I didn't have much luck.

The person I spoke with said the best thing to do would to make an appointment with the director to see if they could help. It's not easy to do that when I'm conming on a weekend. They didn't have a way of providing maps or even confirming names are in the cemetery. I also stated that I was doing family history and had a few other names I was wondering about. They said they have no information useful for family history.

I'm still going to try and get there Friday before 3:00. I have an general idea of where a few family members are at, but it doesn't sound like I'll be able to answer my other questions.

Posted: 6 Oct 2013 7:43AM GMT
Surnames: Hauff
Hi:
Did you ever have any success obtaining records information from the St. George cemetery? I have just discovered that my paternal great grandparents and great great grandparents are buried there. Thanks, Don Hauff/California

Posted: 6 Oct 2013 11:57AM GMT
I didn't have much luck with the records, but I was able to find my family members with the info I did have.

Thanks,
Todd
per page

Find a board about a specific topic