Search for content in message boards

Parker family in England and Massachusetts

Parker family in England and Massachusetts

Posted: 8 Apr 2009 12:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parker
I am researching Isaac Parker, born in 1843 in Surrey, England. His parents were George and Ann. Isaac married Elizabeth A. (maiden name?). Isaac immigrated to America in 1870. A child, Arthur was born in Massachusetts, others in England.

Re: Parker family in England and Massachusetts

Posted: 9 Apr 2009 7:53AM GMT
Isaac and Elizabeth Parker had 12 children according to the 1900 census of Essex County, Mass. Eleven children were alive in 1900. I can only find ten of their children on census records.

1) Mary A, abt 1863, England
2) George W, abt 1865, England
3) Robert C, abt 1867, England
4) Edwin B, abt 1869, england
5) Francis T, abt 1872, Mass
6) Fredrich H, abt 1875, Mass
7) Walter E, Oct 1875, Mass
8) Arthur A, 1880, Mass
9) Bessie B, July 1882, Mass
10) Alice D, Nov 1884, Mass

I have found this family on the 1870, 1880, 1900, 1920, and 1930 census records of Essex County, Massachusetts. Isaac B. Parker was still alive at 87 in 1930. He is evidently living with his daughter Besse B Neal, although he is described as a Lodger on the census. Bessie B. Neal is 48, born in Massachusetts. Both of her parents were born in England.

One bit of information that you may want to pursue is that on the 1900 census a Susanna Crane is living with the Isaac Parker family. She is said to be his sister-in-law. Her birth is given as August 1845 in England.

The 1900, 1920, 1920, and 1930 census records all say that this Isaac B Parker immigrated in 1870.

I looked up the 1861 census for England. There is a William Crane 45 who is living n Surrey, Newington, Trinity Newington. His wife is Mary A. He has daughters Elizabeth 19, and Susanna 15.

I don't believe that Mary is their mother.

I believe I find the family in 1851 living in Clenchwarton, Norfolk. On that census record William Crane is 43, his wife Sarah is 44. They have the following children:
1) John 19, born in Norfolk Clenchwarton
2) Robert 14, born in Norfolk, Clenchwarton
3) Elizabeth 9, born in Norfolk, Clenchwarton
4) Susan 7, born in Norfolk, Clenchwarton
5) James 4, born in Norfolk, Clenchwarton
6) Maria 2, born in Norfolk, Clenchwarton.

I can supply you with the census records if you are interested.

I am not related to this family--even though my name is Parker.

Re: Parker family in England and Massachusetts

Posted: 10 Apr 2009 3:02PM GMT
Following are transcriptions from the Massachusetts Vital Records database, 1841-1910. Have tried to transcribe the information with care -- there may be errors -- so, trust but verify.

The information gives the maiden name of Elizabeth, wife of Isaac Parker, as CRANE.

In addition, the name of Isaac Parker is usually given as Isaac B. Parker. A marriage record of his daughter Bessie Parker (see below) gives his name as Benjamin I. Parker. So, perhaps his name is Isaac Benjamin Parker or Benjamin Isaac Parker.

Here are the transcriptions --

Francis Thomas Parker, son of Isaac B. & Elizabeth N. (painter, of Amesbury, both born London), was born 13 Jul 1871 in Highlands. [Source: MA VRs 232:173, Amesbury Births]

Frederick H. Parker, son of Isaac B. & Elizabeth A. (Crane) (painter, of Georgetown, both born ENG), was born 12 Jun 1874 in Haverhill. [Source: MA VRs 259:223, Haverhill Births]

Walter Ernest Parker, son of Isaac B. & Elizabeth A. (Crane) (house painter, of Georgetown, both born London, ENG), was born 1 Oct 1875 in Georgetown. [Source: MA VRs 268:196, Georgetown Births]

--?-- Parker, son of Isaac B. Parker & Elizabeth Crane (painter, of Georgetown, both born ENG), was born 10 Oct 1877 in Georgetown. [Source: MA VRs 286:185, Georgetown Births]

Alice Daisy Parker, daughter of Isaac B. & Elizabeth A. Crane (painter, of Bradford, both born ENG), was born 16 Nov 1884 in Bradford. [Source: MA VRs 349:217, Bradford Births]

George W. Parker, 27, first marriage, painter, of Haverhill, born ENG, son of Isaac B. & Elizabeth A. (Crane), married 22 Aug 1892 in Manchester, NH by Rev. C. D. Hills of Manchester, NH, Dora A. Buckley, 20, first marriage, of Haverhill, born Portland, ME, daughter of James & Mary E. (McGuire). [Source: MA VRs 424:353, Haverhill Marriages]

Robert C. Parker, 27, first marriage, mill hand, of Haverhill, born London, ENG, son of Isaac B. & Elizabeth A. (Crane), married 27 Oct 1894 in Tewksbury by Hiram P. Dinsmore, Justice of the Peace of Tewksbury, Anna G. Pratt, 16, first marriage, of Tewksbury, born Tewksbury, daughter of John & Alice J. (Cushman). [Source: MA VRs 442:339, Haverhill Marriages]

Robert C. Parker, 27, first marriage, operative, of Haverhill, born ENG, son of Isaac B. & Elizabeth (Crane), married 27 Oct 1894 in Tewksbury by Hiram P. Dinsmore, Justice of the Peace of Tewksbury, Anna G. Pratt, 16, first marriage, of Tewksbury, born Tewksbury, daughter of John & Alice J. (Cushman). [Source: MA VRs 443:351, Tewksbury Marriages]

Edwin B. Parker, 26, first marriage, wood dealer, of Haverhill, born London, ENG, son of Isaac B. & Elizabeth A. (Crane), married 10 Apr 1895 in Tewksbury by Hiram P. Dinsmore, Justice of the Peace of Tewksbury, Margaret Emma King, 20, first marriage, of Tewksbury, born Boston, daughter of Manuel M. & Mary (Brown). [MA VRs 451:365, Haverhill Marriages]

Edwin B. Parker, 26, first marriage, wood dealer, of Haverhill, born London, ENG, son of [cannot read image], married 10 Apr 1895 in Tewksbury by [cannot read image], Margaret E. King, 20, first marriage, of Tewksbury, born Boston, MA, daughter of Manuel M. & Mary (Brown). [MA VRs 452:391, Tewksbury Marriages]

Arthur A. Parker, 27, first marriage, spinner, of Haverhill, born Georgetown, son of Isaac B. & Elizabeth (Crane) Parker, married 1 Jul 1905 in Haverhill by Rev. Calvin M. Clark of Haverhill, Alvira Raymond, 21, housekeeper, of Haverhill, born Pelham, NH, daughter of Moses & Julia (Carney) Raymond. [Source: MA VRs 554:414, Haverhill Marriages]

Bessie Bell Parker, 26, second marriage (divorce), of Haverhill, born Groveland, daughter of Benjamin I. & Elizabeth (Crane) Parker, married 6 Jun 1909 in Haverhill by Rev. M. D. Wolfe of Haverhill, Rinaldo Neal, 31, first marriage, farmer, of Salem, NH, born Salem, NH, son of Albert G. & Nancy A. (Stowe) Neal. [Source: MA VRs 586:441, Haverhill Marriages]
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions