Search for content in message boards

Talbot County Cemetery Listing Book

Talbot County Cemetery Listing Book

Posted: 15 Nov 2009 5:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Is there a book of cemetery listing for Talbot County which would show names and where they were buried? I am interested in finding the burial place of a Mary M. Hay or Hays who would have likely been buried there in about 1841.
Also in 1830 in Youngs Valley, Talbot County there was a Benjamin Manes, a John Robertson and a Jonathan Hays listed on the Federal census. I have reason to beleive that Benjamin Manes might have been ther father of Mary Manes Hay or Hays. Mary Manes married Henry Marion Hay in Talbot county on September 11, 1836 and she died in 1841 likely in Chambers county, Alabama. After Mary died Henry Marion married a Nancy Robertson on January 12, 1842 in Talbot county and I also have reason to beleive that Nancy could have been the daughter of John Robertson. I need any information which might tie all these people together.

Re: Talbot County Cemetery Listing Book

Posted: 15 Nov 2009 3:10PM GMT
Go to the Talbot County, Georgia Website. They have the Cemeteries and names listed in each Cemetery online. If you dont have access to the Talbot Co, Ga Website go to USGenWeb.Com then to Georgia then to the County.
I hope this helps. Good Luck

Re: Talbot County Cemetery Listing Book Manes family

Posted: 23 Nov 2009 7:03PM GMT
Surnames: Manes Mains
Dr. CLHAY:

I don't have much information for you. There has been a fairly good amount of tracking of the genealogy of the Manes/Mains family of Talbot County. I believe there is some speculation that Mary Manes is related to this family. There is very little information. I can tell you the cemetaries around there have been searched high and low for the Manes/Mains family to no avail. If something pops up, I'll give you a hollar. Thanks, Monica Randall Manes descendent
per page

Find a board about a specific topic