Search for content in message boards

Olive may cook 1900 chelsea, London

Olive may cook 1900 chelsea, London

Posted: 20 Dec 2011 5:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: cook
Can anyone help???? My great nan was adopted and died at age 44 leaving 7 children... One being my nan who has passed to :-( we know nothing about olive or any of the cook family it was only recently we found out my great nan was adopted and after getting her birth certificate we found out her mother was olive. Please if anyone has any other info apart from the sources on here could the get in touch. Would love to see photos too.
Kind regards Kim

Re: Olive may cook 1900 chelsea, London

Posted: 20 Dec 2011 9:30PM GMT
Surnames: cook
HI Kim

What was the details on her birth cert....parents names..etc?

regards john

Posted: 20 Dec 2011 10:03PM GMT
I have manage to find details of her parents etc William Edmund cavell and fanny cook. Nee hoare. But ancestry doesn't tell you want they did for a living or what sort of people they were.... Would love to find out more about her...Them. I know she worked at ministry of food in 1918 as it states it on my great nans birth records. Thanks for your reply, if you could find any more info I would be grateful. Kim

Posted: 21 Dec 2011 10:01PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 21 Dec 2011 10:08PM GMT
Surnames: cook, napier
London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906

Name: Olive May Cook
Record Type: Baptism
Estimated Birth Date: abt 1900
Baptism Date: 11 Mar 1900
Father's Name: William Edmund Cook - A JOINER
Mother's Name: Fanny Cook
LIVING AT 294 KENSAL ROAD
Parish or Poor Law Union: North Kensington St Thomas
Borough: Kensington and Chelsea
Register Type: Parish Registers

Name: William E Cook
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1854
Relation: Head
Spouse's Name: Fannie Cook
Where born: Bridgewater, Somerset
+
Name: Fannie Cook
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1870
Relation: Wife
Spouse's Name: William E Cook
Where born: Paddington, London
+
Name: Olive M Cook
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1900
Relation: Daughter
Father's Name: William E Cook
Mother's Name: Fannie Cook
Where born: Chelsea, London, England
Civil parish: Kensington
Ecclesiastical parish: St Thomas Kensal Green
Town: Chelsea
+
OTHER CHILDREN
Francis Cook 10
Dorothy Cook 7
Florence Cook 5
Adelaide Cook 3

William E Cook 37 born SOMERSET - A JOINER
Fanny Cook 22 born PADDINGTON
HIS SON (NOT HERS)
William Cook 19 PROFESSIONAL BOXER BORN PADDINGTON
OTHER CHILDREN
Lyle Cook 7 BORN WARWICKSHIRE
Edmund F Cook 1/12 BORN PADDINGTON

BIRTHS
Name: William Edmund Cavell Cook
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1853
Registration district: Bridgwater
Inferred County: Somerset
Volume: 5c
Page: 474

MARRIAGE
Name: William Edmund C Cook
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1873
Registration district: Axbridge
Inferred County: Somerset
Volume Number: 5c
Page No.1066

Posted: 17 Oct 2012 11:03PM GMT
Hello my names Paula, I'm sending this via my husbands account. My grandmother was Lylie Evelyn Cook. Her real first name was Lilly not Lylie but she was known as Lylie. Her mother was Maria Gilbert from Ched zoy Somerset.. I know William was a carpenter. My cousin has a beautiful box made by him for his wedding to Maria. Lylie had it and treasured it. My father George Fraser was married twice. My mother was Belgian so When I was born Lylie was about 66yrs. I remember her telling me about the farm Williams parents had in Bridgewater. I also so,remember Aunt Flo. Lylie went to,work at about 13 in service and worked in a small Hotel in Clarence Gate in London. They had to retire her as they couldn't get insurance for her, she was 82 at the time. About 4 ft 6in tall. Very black hair. My father had Blonde hair and ice blue eyes. She always said her step mother didn't give her enough to eat that's why she's was so small. Ken ( my husband ) has had trouble looking for the Cooks in Bridgewater but he keeps trying. I don't know if this helps I do hope so. Oh by the way my daughters name is Kim and I have a half nephew Kim as well.

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 2:19PM GMT
Hi here just logged on and found your reply.. So nice to hear more about the family.. For a large family there is very little info about them apart from general. Funny you say about the dark hair as most of my family had very dark hair.. Do you have any pics of the cook family? Would love to see any.... makes us distant relitives how bizarre.. Thank you for taking the time to reply this is the nearest info I've had but I'm so determined to find out more..
Keep intouch Kim
Ps Kim is a good name ;-)

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 9:41PM GMT
Hi Kim, Im glad you received my post. I spoke to my cousin Alan and he doesnt know anymore that can help you. My Nan was the eldest girl and went out to work very early 13. Alan had never heard of Olive. As he is much older than me and Nan lived with him and his Mum and Dad he used to hear stories from Nan,but cannot recollect any about Olive.we have seen your public members tree and you have got back as far as we have. here is a photo of Lylie in her late 70s. take care Paula
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic