Search for content in message boards

Limbach

Limbach

Sue Everett/Denkhoff (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2004 2:20PM GMT
I have been told that my GGfather was from Tell City. I have been unable to find him connected to your city. His name is John Louis Limbach. He married Rosina Merkel from Celistine,IN In Jasper,In and he is buried in Vincenses,In.Has antone ever heard this named mentioned or seen it printed anywhere?Thank you

Re: Limbach

Mike Gramelspacher (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2004 6:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Limbach
The Casper Limbach family was in Ferdinand, Fulda and New Boston records.

Posted: 11 Sep 2004 6:10PM GMT
The Casper Limbach family was in Ferdinand, Fulda and New Boston records.

Sue[Everett]Denkhoff (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2004 8:27PM GMT
Thank you Mike.Will check Casper out to see if he is related.

Posted: 11 Sep 2004 9:10PM GMT
Caspar Limbach had two sons named John. One was born in 1846 and the other in 1852. He and his first wife seem to be from France. I suppose either Alsace or Lorraine. Caspar lived west of New Boston past the Lutheran church.

Sue "Everett"Denkhoff (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2004 9:35PM GMT
Your kidding.How did you find that out.Never mind I know never reveal your resources.Thanks one more time

Posted: 11 Sep 2004 11:12PM GMT
That is a rather odd reply. Never did say whether any of these Limbach's is the fellow you are looking for. If it is the case that one of these is the right person, then you can check the Ferdinand, Fulda and New Boston Catholic church records at the Jasper Public Library. Go to the Tell City Library and find a notice of Caspar's second wife's death from the Tell City Anzeiger. Also check there for the second marriage. Since this Limbach family resided in Spencer County, you should also go to the Rockport Library and the courthouse and see what they have. You might find the census on-line.

Sue "Everett"Denkhoff (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2004 12:50AM GMT
Mike did not mean to offend you. I am sorry. Thank you for your information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic