Search for content in message boards

charles joseph

charles joseph

Posted: 5 Sep 2006 6:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am researching my family and have traced it back to my Great Great Great Grandfather, but am now stuck.
He was Charles Joseph born about 1844 in Belgium -
He later moved to Wales as he got married in Swansea in 1868 to Jane Thomas and they had 9 children all born in the Swansea area. As far as I know, Charles dad was also called Charles Joseph.
Can anyone help trace Charles parents or other relatvies?

Re: charles joseph

AnnemieRenier (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2006 4:40PM GMT
I would like to help you, but do you know in which place Charles Joseph was born ? Belgium has 10 provinces and and you must know where to look up. I suppose that Joseph was his surname ? If you have more details I could give it a try

Annemie Renier of Antwerp
amrenier@yahoo.com

Posted: 6 Sep 2006 7:01PM GMT
Hi,

Yes, Joseph is the surname, but I have no idea where he was born - all I know is that he was born in blegium about 1844, which is why I cant trace him,
but thanks for the offer.

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 1:26PM GMT
Hi I am the Great Grand Daughter of Charles Joseph he was born in 1845 in leiege he came over to Swansea with a brother. We think they were orphans and they had lived in a big house with a housekeeper.My grandfather always said that his surname was not Joseph and that his father had put this down incorectly on documents and that Joseph was his christian name and that it should be Charles and that is why Charles has been passed down through the family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic