Search for content in message boards

Joseph & Hannah Randall

Joseph & Hannah Randall

Posted: 4 Sep 2004 10:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Sep 2004 4:03PM GMT
Joseph & Hannah (Small) Randall's daughter Lydia, who was born in Civil, Deer Isle, Hancock County, Maine, married Eseck Irons. Lydia died while giving birth. I want to confirm if Lydia's sister Hannah later married Eseck Irons. Some confussion has arose as whether this Hannah is a Fickett instead of a Randall. These marriages would have most likely taken place in Parma, Orleans County, New York.

Re: Hannah Fickett

Posted: 16 Sep 2004 2:03PM GMT
Edited: 11 Mar 2005 7:20PM GMT
Eseck Irons and Hannah Fickett were married in 1827 at Esecks' son Stevens' house in Parma N.Y. Her fathers name was Steven Edward Fickett.
You may be mistaking Hannah Randall, who was Lydia s" mother for Hannah Fickett.
Eseck Irons is my ggg grandfather and I have extensive knowledge and information for this line of the Irons family if you are interested

Stephanie Randall Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 2004 3:14PM GMT
I too have been researching this family and have been confused by the Hannah connection. I do not have in my files that Hannah was actually a Fickett. I do, however, have another daughter of Joseph and Hannah, Joanna who married a James Fickett. I descend from the younger son of Joseph and Hannah, Jesse Randall. I would love some clarification on this for my files!!!

Posted: 16 Sep 2004 3:31PM GMT
Unfortunately I do not know what Hannah's maiden name was, nor do I have any record of a Joanna being one of their children. Sorry.

Byron (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2004 2:48AM GMT
Ralph, thank you for your response. I don't understand how Eseck and Hannah could have been married at Eseck's son Steven's house. Steven is the son of Eseck and Hannah. Do you have any information on the Stephen Fickett line.
Thanks.

Posted: 17 Sep 2004 1:28PM GMT
Byron: In trying to solve the problem of Eseck and his 2 families, I have come to realise that my informant ( another member of Esecks' line) has made some kind of error about Steven. As you know, Eseck and Lydia Randall had but 1 child, Ephraim William. Lydia died giving birth to him and then Eseck married Hannah Fickett in 1827. The error comes when we try to place the wedding at the home of Esecks son Steven. There was no son with Lydia with name Steven. Eseck and Hannahs first son b 1829, was Steven Edward.
I have just talked with my source and she assures me that she will look into her records and straighten it all out for me.
I will get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

Posted: 18 Sep 2004 4:12PM GMT
Byron:
It would appear that the problem "At the home of Son Steven" is one of the words being shown in the wrong place on the chart. Eseck died at the home of his son with Hannah Fickett; Steven Edward Irons. As did Hannah.
Steven Edward was born in Parma c1829.
He married Mary P. Atchinson (sp?) c1850 in Knox Cty. Il. he was a farmer in Whiteside Cty. Il he died in Clinton Ia. Date unknown at this time.

I hope this straightens things out for you. Contact me if I can help more.
Ralph
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions