Search for content in message boards

Howard/Turner Feud

Howard/Turner Feud

Posted: 16 Apr 2010 1:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello, my grandmother was Luella Howard Duffy. Her brothers were killed in the Howard Turner Feud. I have the will that was left by George Britain Turner. If anyone has any details on the Howards, I know my great grandmother's name was Sadie, I would be very interested in learning more.

Re: Howard/Turner Feud

Posted: 17 Apr 2010 10:07PM GMT
Just got a book from my local library has LOTS about the different feuds and a lot on the Turner and Howards.
Title is: Days of Darkness, The Feuds of Eastern Kentucky by John Ed Pearce ISBN 0-8131-1874-3

Posted: 17 Apr 2010 10:11PM GMT
I think that is the book that has a photograph of the Jonathan Kelly BAILEY family. They were my great great grandparents.

Posted: 17 Apr 2010 10:33PM GMT
Indeed it does, along with his entire family in Mt Pleasant around 1884.

Posted: 17 Apr 2010 10:50PM GMT
Let me know if you want a scan of the photo if you do not have the book. I would be happy to send it to you.

Posted: 17 Apr 2010 11:14PM GMT
That's very kind of you. I have an old scanned image that is not very high quality. If you are willing, I'd love to have a better one.

My e-mail addy is fran2537 (at) bellsouth.net

Bailey

Posted: 6 Jul 2011 4:37PM GMT
My grandmother was Lola Howard Gentry (She had a sister Luella, a brother Ray, and another sister, Francis Howard Ball) Her grandfather was George Britain Turner, too! I also have a copy of his will! I also copies of 4 of her uncles that were killed in the feud framed in my house! We must be kin!!! From what little I know... the 4 brothers were killed over 2 year period I think. One was called out of the house at supper time and shot and killed on the porch. Another was being sent over the mountains to Virginia to live to escape the fighting. As he knelt at a stream to get a drink, he was shot in the back. Somewhere in the house I have more written down but I haven't been able to find it! I need to look for it again!

Posted: 27 Jul 2011 8:57PM GMT
Hello,This is Kay Ball,Frances is my mother in law,she was a sister to Lola and Luella.I have tons of history on the Howards and Turner's.I also have the tin type pic's of George Brittan Turner and the four boys that were killed in the fued.also a pic of Calvin Howard and his wife and 10 children(which would be Lpla and Luella's grandparents)their father Hiram is in the pic.

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 12:32AM GMT
Hi, my name is PollyAnne Crowder. Luella Duffy was my grandmother and Lola Gentry was my great aunt. I would love to get a copy of the information that you have on their brothers. You can e-mail me directly at pacrowder01@aol.com. I believe you would be my second cousin!

Take care,
PollyAnne

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 12:34AM GMT
Hi Kay,
I only just now saw your post. I have been looking for the photos of Mammy's brothers for years. I would love to get copies of them. Let's stay in touch.

Take care,
PollyAnne (George's daughter)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions