I believe the person you are referring to is John Crowder, son of Philip Crowder and his third wife Sarah Chandler. John was born in Green Co, KY about 1802. Philip and his family moved to Sangamon Co, IL by 1830. John married Mary "Polly" Loswell/Laswell 9 October 1822 in Green Co, KY. According to the book "History of the Early Settlers of Sangamon County, Illinois" by John Carroll Power (1876), John and his wife had 2 children in Green Co. and moved to Sangamon Co in 1826, preceding his father by 4 years. They had 8 more children in Sangamon Co. Those children and information about their marriages and subsequent children are also in Power's book. I would be happy to share the information. John's father, Philip Crowder, was a soldier in the Revolutionary War.
I have John and Polly having 5 children, James, Sarah, William, Thomas Jefferson, and Nancy. What were the names of their other children and do you have any info on each of them?
The children of John C. CROWDER and Mary "Polly" LASWELL were:
1. James H. CROWDER, b. 24 Dec 1823 in KY, m.10 Apr 1849 in Sangamon Co, IL to Mary A. WRIGHT b. 07 Nov 1831 in Adair Co, KY
2. Sarah J. CROWDER b. 12 Dec 1825 in KY, m. Jan 1850 in Sangamon Co, IL to E.J. WARREN. They had 7 children. Sarah died 17 July 1870.
3. William CROWDER, b. 05 June 1828 in Sangamon Co, IL, m. Mary WOOD. They had 3 children.
4. Nancy CROWDER, b. 26 Oct 1830, m. John HARRIS.
5. Mary E. CROWDER, b. 24 April 1833, d. at age 17 yrs.
6. Thomas J. CROWDER, b.28 May 1835, m. 24 June 1856 to Elizabeth F. WRIGHT who died Nov. 1872. He was a Methodist minister.
7. Frances CROWDER, b. 21 May 1838, m. Jessie PERKINS. They had 4 children.
8. Martha A. CROWDER, b. 25 Sept 1840, m. Theophilis LUDLAM. They had 5 children.
9. Matilda CROWDER, b. 28 April 1843 and died at age 4 years.
10. Catharine A. CROWDER, b. 27 Oct 1844, m. 15 July 1865 to Alexander H. WRIGHT.
John C. CROWDER's wife, Mary "Polly" LASWELL CROWDER, died and John married Ursula ALBANS. They had 4 children:
1. Died in infancy
2. Henry C. CROWDER, b. 21 April 1855, d. 23 April 1876.
3. John J. CROWDER
4. Joseph W. CROWDER
John C. CROWDER's wife, Ursula ALBANS CROWDER, died and John married Mrs. Elizabeth COX. They had one child.
1. Luella CROWDER
John C. CROWDER died 10 April 1863.
Source of all this information is the book "History of Early Settlers of Sangamon County, Illinois" by John Carroll Power, c. 1876. There is also some information there about John C. CROWDER's grandchildren that I did not include here.