Search for content in message boards

Robertson Family from Madison County, Ky

Robertson Family from Madison County, Ky

Posted: 23 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Sep 2002 7:24AM GMT
Surnames: Robertson
Hi! Madison County!

I would like to know if anyone would be willing to share info on The Robertson Family! I am mainly interested in Allen E., David Columbus, and Samuel Robertson from the (Highlands of Scotland).

I understand that David Columbus and his family lived in Madison County.

David Columbus Robertson (I Believe) was born in Madison County around 1770 and married Allie Allen on 25 June 1811 in Madison County, Kentucky. Died 22 June 1872 in Clay County, Kentucky. Children were:
Nancy, Elizabeth, Drucilla, Allen E., Sarah, Silas Columbus, and Mary Ann Robertson.

Samuel Robertson born ca. 1756 in the Highlands of Scotland, married Elizabeth Harris, He died ca. 1819 or 1828 in Richmond, Kentucky on Otter Creek.

I would be willing to share what info I have.

ROBERTSON

Linda Hammer (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: ROBERTSON, COX
I have some information regarding Samuel Robertson who married Elizabeth Harris. This information comes from someone else who sent it to me. Samuel and Elizabeth's children were: Hester?; David Columbus (born about 1776 in Moraviantown, Dan River, VA and died 22 JUN 1872 in Clay Co, KY; Mary Robertson who married William Midkiff; Esther Robertson who married George Washington Baker; John Robertson (my ancestor) who married Nancy Cox; Alexander Robertson; James Robertson; Henrietta Robertson; Jessamine Robertson; Martha Patsy Robertson; Sally Robertson; and William Robertson.

I have no further information at this time, but I will be doing research on this family as I want to learn more about Nancy Cox and John Robertson who went to Jackson Co., MO with their son Archibald.

Please let me know what other information you have regarding this family.

Robertson

Don Wheeler (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Robertson, Wheeler, Tevis, Barnes, Nave
Hello:
I have a son of samuel.
James Robertson Married Nancy Wheeler
Born 10 nov 1791 Madison Co., Ky
Died 10 Nov 1878 Shelby Co., In
Buried Mt Pisgah cemetery, Shelby co., In
7 children born between 1818 and 1829
Posted: 12 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 12:33PM GMT
Surnames: Robertson, Wheeler, Tevis, Barnes, Nave
Hi!

Shana Zoe Callanan is the source for what I also have but there is the possibility of an update and you may have material that I do not and vice versa. I have not heard from Shana in a long time.

When you visited the graves, whose graves and did you take pictures? I would be happy to pay for photocopies of printed material and photographs.
Please let me know what formats you have. thank you for replying so promptly.
Basically I am interested in any and all material that I can obtain. I am especially wondering if there is a will in Madison County for Samuel Robertson or a grave for that matter.

Don Wheeler (View posts)
Surnames: Robertson, Tevis, Nave, Barnes, Wheeler
Hello;
A lot of the info I have came from Shana Zoe Callanan. I have visited the Grave sites this summe. let me know what info you would like and what format you need it in.
Don
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 12:33PM GMT
Surnames: Robertson, Wheeler, Tevis
Hi! James Robertson and Nancy Wheeler are my great great grandparents. Thomas Wheeler Robertson born 12-26-1826 is my great grandfather. What names and dates have you for the rest of his brothers and sisters? And where or who did you obtain your information from? I would like to compare list to be certain that I am not missing anything. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions