Search for content in message boards

HICKEY of Celbridge, Co. Kildare

HICKEY of Celbridge, Co. Kildare

Therese Coates Simas (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jun 2006 1:25PM GMT
Surnames: HICKEY, COATES, GERRAGHTY
I am seeking anyone connected to the Hickey Family of Celbridge, Co. Kildare. Mary Anne Hickey was born ca. 1844 to John Hickey and Margaret Gerraghty. She may have had a sister and/or an aunt named Julia. She married Thomas J. Coates of Kilcock, Co. Kildare on 06 May 1863 in Celbridge.
The Coates family lived in Celbridge and Clane before emigrating to Chicago, Illinois, USA in 1884.

Re: HICKEY of Celbridge, Co. Kildare --GERAGHTY

Posted: 31 May 2006 10:54AM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2006 1:25PM GMT
Surnames: Geraghty
My GGG grandmother was Bridget Geraghty born Kildare 1848 ?. Her mother was Mary ? & father Patrick Geraghty
Bridget married a Michael Hodgins in Celbridge in 1871
it is possible that Bridget had a brother Patrick.

Any connection with your Geraghty's ?

Posted: 11 Oct 2008 8:45PM GMT
Surnames: GERRAGHTY / BROWN/HODGINS
Recently found that Bridget Gerraghty was baptised Celbridge 5th August 1842
Mother Mary Brown & father Patrick Gerraghty married April 1842
Bridget married Michael Hodgins (Hodgens) in Celbridge 1872

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 9:02AM GMT
Hi Stella, Therese Coates Simas (posted original inquiry) was my 2nd cousin & she passed away several years ago. I'm one of the other genealogists in our Coates/Hickey family so I'll be helping to taking over the search. Just uploaded my copy of our tree just under a month ago. Not much time to research, but I'll keep you posted if I find our John Hickey (b about 1825 in Ireland presumably) had a wife Margaret with maiden name Gerraghty. Celbridge and Clane are where our Coates and Hickeys were from. John Hickey ran a Pub in one of those 2 cities, I think it was Celbridge.
Thanks, Felicia Ziomek
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions