Search for content in message boards

BEECH, DAGUILARD

BEECH, DAGUILARD

Susan McKee (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
William BEECH born Dominica June 6, 1782 who later moved to St. Croix, Danish Virgin Islands in 1807 and his brother Richard Beech birth date unknown. Mordecai and Esther DAGUILARD and family emigrated to St. Croix from Curacao in early 1800's.  Daughter Sarah's birth Dec. 2, 1820 is found in Jewish records for the islands of DVI, Santo Domingo, Puerto Rico, Cuba. Eliza Vida or Veede (possible Danish phonetic spelling of Vida) from Jamaica who married Mordecai Daguilard sometime before 1841 - she appears in 1841 St. Croix census. Ruan - I have extensive data of their time on St. Croix but am looking for the origin of the family name (other than Old Celtic) and from where they emigrated. Sources of any passenger lists of ships into St. Croix during the 1700's. Mahalo!

Daguilard

Richard Bond (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Daguilard
I was there summer of 1975 as a paid intern. The Avis is the local newspaper. I dont know if it was microfilmed. Someone wanted to know about their ancestry. The newspapers were from about 120 years ago, I have the impression that the Daguilard had a two way trade in livestock based in Puerto Rico. You could try Bill Cissel at the National Historic Site in Christiansted.

Daguilard

Susan J. McKee (View posts)
Aloha! Some questions: One, when did you work for the Christiansted Library and in what department? Two, what is the AVIS you refer to and is it accessible to computer use? Three, why were you researching the Daguilard family? Four, do you have any additional information of this family? Five, is there someone else you know who has additional information on this family? FYI Sydney Daguilard Beech was my g-g-grandmother, her father Mordecai Daguilard was my g-g-g-grandfather. Any information would be appreciated. Mahalo, Susan McKee

Daguilard

Surnames: Daguilard

This was one of the names I was asked to look up in the Avis when I was working for the Christiansted Public Library. I found it in an ad for a shipment of horses from Puerto Rico.

Beech

Posted: 23 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Beech

When Governor Peter von Scholten declared that from this day forward all unfree in the Virgin Islands a free colored named _____ Beech was deputised to go from plantation to plantation reading the proclamation. This may represent a recognized illegitimate descendant of the Beeches you mention.

Ruans Bay

Posted: 17 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ruan

Ruans Bay

On this photograph in the background there is a bay which is called Ruans Bay

Beech

Surnames: Beech
I notice that William Beech is listed as the attorney to Count Schimmelman owner of La Grande Princesse on the St Croix 1841 Census subset on this website.

Beech, Daguilard,

Posted: 18 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Thanks! This time the picture came through...if Ruan's Bay is the the bay in upper-middle of photo and F'sted is at top of photo, then this would be general area I remember the Ruan plantation to be...down the coast a little from Hannah's Rest outside of F'sted and if I remember correctly near-by the Woods Hole facility?

Susan

Beech, Daguilard,

Posted: 18 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ruans Bay
Sorry, but the photo didnot come through...I'm not familiar with Ruans Bay...where on St. Croix is it? Is it the coastal area where the Ruan's plantation was, not far from Hannah's Rest owned by Charles Leopold Woods? Thanks!

Susan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions