Search for content in message boards

Nordbeck from Wildwood, Alberta

Nordbeck from Wildwood, Alberta

Posted: 5 Jun 2012 11:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nordbeck, Flodin, Haavi
I am looking for any information on my great aunt Johanne Haavi born 7 Apr 1872, Trysil Norway.

Married John Flodin 2 May 1910 in Norway. John was killed.

Aunt Johanne(a) then married Peter Nordbeck after abt 1912. They lived in Wildwood, Alberta, Canada.

We have a few pictures of her, but cannot find anything of her life in Wildwood. We think she died in 1956 & is buried there.

Any info appreciated.

Re: Nordbeck from Wildwood, Alberta

Posted: 3 Aug 2012 9:50PM GMT
the only one close to your peter

Name: Peter L Norbeck
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1880
Arrival Port: Coutts, Alberta
Date of Arrival: 18 Oct 1920
Birth Location: Trysil Norway
Citizenship: Norwegian

i find it interesting both have same birth place

Re: Nordbeck from Wildwood, Alberta

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 11:02PM GMT
Thank you!! You've created a 'break through' that I've been searching for a long while. I had even searched for 'Norbeck' instead of 'Nordbeck' on both Ancestry & FamilySearch.org (my Norwegian cousin was either wrong in the spelling or it was changed or mispelled when they immigrated as I've discovered happens a lot). However, the dates you offered made a wider search possible & I found lots of new information!:-) You are right about Trysil, Norway. It is actually not a very big city. I only have U.S. access on Ancestry which I need to change as so many of my relatives on all side came to Canada first. I never did run across the record you describe. Is it a Canadian border crossing record? Regardless, I truly appreciate your effort to help - which you DID! Thanks again for your time.
Jean
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions