Search for content in message boards

Perdue Family History

Perdue Family History

Catherine Perdue (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Aug 2003 12:59AM GMT
Surnames: Perdue, Hamilton
The Perdues arrived in Ontario from Ireland around 1833. Members of the family moved to Victoria and New Westminster BC around 1890 or so. I'd love to hear from anyone related to the Perdue family. I'm also looking for information on Nancy Perdue Hamilton. She was born in Ontario around 1863 to Joseph and Isobel Perdue and died in New Westminster BC on May 15, 1924.

Nancy Perdue Hamilton

Posted: 27 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hamilton, Perdue
Nancy Jane Perdue married Patrick Hamilton in Ontario. They moved to New Westminster, BC where Nancy's brothers had moved a few years earlier. Patrick was Roman Catholic and was born in 1849 and died in 1921. They had about six children, five girls, one boy James Patrick Hamilton.

Nancy Perdue Hamilton

D. Hamilton (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hamilton, Perdue
I wonder is you know who Nancy married, as I seek information on Hamilton's who immigrated to Victoria BC.,in 1891. They were listed on the 1901 census report for Victoria. She is the same age group as the mother of the family, perhaps she married a brother of the husband? Just guessing!!
D. Hamilton

Re: Perdue Family History

Cathy Welker (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2002 12:25AM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2003 1:03AM GMT
Surnames: Perdue
Catherine: Looking for a Thomas Perdue,my grandfather. My grandmother married Mr.Perdue in Carthege Missouri in 1905. Had one daughter befor he died around 1908-09 in Mo. I was told his family was from Canada. Appreciate any help, Thanks Cathy

Posted: 6 Jun 2002 4:25AM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2003 1:03AM GMT
Surnames: Perdue
My Thomas Perdue was born Nov. 30 1876 in Grey County Ontario Canada. He moved to BC and died 30 August 1933.

I have a number of Perdue's in my database. Do you have any more info like his spouse or other relatives, approximate birth, location etc. on the person you are looking for.

Catherine

Posted: 6 Jun 2002 4:31AM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2003 1:04AM GMT
There were 6 perdue brothers who came to Canada around the 1700's and most perdues descended from them. My Thomas was born in Ontario on November 30, 1876 and Died in August 1933 in BC.

There are many thomas' in the family and I have a few in my database. Do you have any more info on your Thomas? What part of Canada he came from, any relatives' names, etc.

Catherine

Posted: 8 Jun 2002 7:52PM GMT
Surnames: Perdue,Cunningham
Catherin: Thanks for your reply. I do not have much on Thomas Perdue. All I know is her married my grandmother Abby Cunnigham June 25,1905 and had one daughter (my mother) Opal,born (9-16-1907) Mom was never told much about him. What stories past in the family was,he family was from Canada,he was in the militaty at one time and that he was shot when Mom was about two years old,and buried in Jefferson City Mo. But have not found any cemerties that had a Thomas Purdue. I do have there marriage certifcat. Thanks Cathy

Posted: 10 Jun 2002 12:42AM GMT
Hi,
Does it list Thomas' parents name on the marriage certificate? Any Perdue's as witnesses?

Thanks

Catherine

Posted: 15 Jun 2002 11:41PM GMT
Catherine: Could not fine any info on the marriage license,they were married by a Judge, and the witnesses, were Maggi William and V. Maegott. It seems grandmother keep quite about Thomas,his daughter Opal took her step-fathers name when grandmother remarried not very longe after Thomas died. Thanks agine Cathy

Re: Nancy Perdue Hamilton

Posted: 6 Aug 2002 10:02PM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2003 1:02AM GMT
Surnames: Hamilton
Is Patrick's father's name Alexander? I have Hamilton's in my family tree that from the Mt. Cheam Chilliwack area. Would like to find out more.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions