Ancestry

Search for content in message boards

Labiche of Garyville, Louisiana

This board is read-only and closed to new posts.

Labiche of Garyville, Louisiana

Ann nd Edward Mourain (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2002 1:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Labiche, Ory, Chauffe, Badeaux, Bujol, Ramouin, Martinez, Lambremont
Hi out their we are looking for the relatives of Dennis
Labiche and Eugenia Mary Bujol.
My mother-in-law was Audrey Theresa Labiche-Mourain.
Her father, Dennis was the son of Ozeme Labiche and
Adele Ory. Great Grandfather Theodule Labiche and Great
Grandmother Eliza Chauffe and Great Great Grandfather
Firmin Labiche and Great Great Grandmother Delphine
Badeaux.
Please answer if you have any information on them.
All or most were from Garyville,LA. thanks Ann & Eddie

Re: Labiche of Garyville, Louisiana

Charlotte Bass-Lilly (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2002 6:33AM GMT
Surnames: Labiche & Ory
I am the granddaughter of Alfred Labiche, son of Ozemée Labiche. Alfred married Anne Bernadette (Annette) Ory, his first cousin, who I believe was Adele Ory's niece. I think Dennis was my grandfather's brother. I will have to check with my Mom on all this...as it is hard to keep straight because both sides were related to each other. My mother is Marielee Anna Labiche Bass.
Annette Ory's mother was Eva Vega, second wife to great grandpa Ory. I will find out more from my Mom, but I couldn't wait to respond to you. I actually think Mom already wrote it all down for me.
I would love to get your info, too.
Alfred and Annette Ory Labiche's children: son Merle, d. Beaumont, TX; Genevieve Labiche Clarke, d. Long Island, NY; Marielee Labiche Bass, New Orleans; Yvonne Labiche Maurin, d. Laplace, LA; Joycelyn Labiche Schowalter, Baton Rouge. And there was one daughter, Elizabeth, who died when she was a baby. Yvonne's husband is still alive, Marion 'Poose' Maurin of Laplace, and was her cousin(!). (Gene pool getting real small!) My mother, I think, was born in Garyville because that is where the mid-wife/relative was that delivered her. My mom was born Mar. 2, 1919.
Be in touch when you can.
Charlotte

beryl (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2002 1:01AM GMT
Surnames: Badeaux, Hoffman, Labiche
Hi,
Delphine Badeaux b. 9 Feb.1797, St.James parish, La.d/o Antoine Badeaux & Ursule Hoffman ( Ocman) m. Firmin Labiche.She died 9 June 1833. Hope this helps, I am only reading this now.
Beryl

Posted: 27 Jul 2002 1:17AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2002 3:36PM GMT
Surnames: Badeaux, Labiche, Hoffman, Tregle, Hebert
I know of Delphine Badeaux, b. 9 Feb. 1797 D/o Antoine Badeaux and Ursule Hoffman,she died 29 June 1833. She was wife of Firman Labiche, After her death Firman m. 1 May 1834 Claire Tregle, who was widow of Noel Deslates. This info from South Louisana Records, vol: 1, Lafourche & Terrebonne. by Rev. Donald Hebert.
Hope this helps.
Beryl

Posted: 5 Sep 2002 9:55PM GMT
My name is Stacey Borne. I just started a family tree and I ran across your post. Theodule LaBiche was the father of Volcar Louis LaBiche. Volcar was the father of Anastasia (Ernestine LaBiche). Anastasia is the mother of Charles Adam Vedros Jr. Charles is my grand father. I would like to get with you on any information. Maybe we can compare notes. My email is gabrielle_70390@yahoo.com or you can contact me at 985-526-1061. Thank you so much.

Posted: 7 Aug 2004 12:07AM GMT
Are you related to Emmilne Labiche (Evangeline)?

phyllis augst (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2004 3:38PM GMT
I don't think I am related to this person but do you know any of the Duplessis's, they lived in Davant la. My grandfather's name was Christopher and my grandmothers name was Antonio. thank you for you help

Posted: 28 Nov 2004 10:05PM GMT
Surnames: Labiche, Babin
My great grandfather was Ozemee Labiche. His daughter Anna Labiche Babin was my grandmother. Her son, Shirly (unusual man's name) Babin was my father. My father said he was born on the Hope Plantation in Garyville, LA.

I would love to know if anyone has the names of Ozemee's parents. Also where was Ozemee born? Or where his wife was born, Adele Ory. Also I would like any family stories about Ozemee or Adele. I understand Ozemee's parents were quite poor and gave their children to relatives. Does anyone know who these relatives were?

My father, Shirly Babin ( son of Anna Labiche) went to live with Ozemee and Adele when his mother died in childbirth when he was 3 years old, in 1906. I would like information on his childhood. I am not sure where they lived.

Are any of you related to the Ory's who owned and lived in the San Francisco Plantation in Reserve I believe on the river road? My father said he lived there also for a short time...but not sure if he meant the Hope Plantation instead. My father left Garyville as a young man in his 20's but his sister, Bernice Babin Falgoust lived there her whole life and still has a number of children and grandchildren in Garyville.

Feel free to post here, but email me privately as well....as I am not sure I will have access to this site again. Thank you so much.

Cecilia Babin Kerstiens
ckerstiens@hotmail.com

Posted: 9 May 2009 7:57PM GMT
Surnames: BADEAUX, HOFFMANN, LABICHE
THE BADEAUX, HOFFMANN, AND FIMIN LABICH (MY GGGGRANDFATHER)ARE ALL MATERNAL ANCESTORS. WOULD LIKE TO EXCHANGE INF. CONTACT ME AT : GKG1943@AOL.COM

Posted: 9 May 2009 8:02PM GMT
Surnames: BADEAUX, HOFFMAN, LABICHE
BERYL : DELPHINE BADEAUX, ANTOINE BEADEAUX, URSULE HOFFMAN, AND FIMAN LABICHE ARE MATERNAL ANCESTORS. WOULD LIKE TO EXCHANGE FAMILY INFO. CONTACT ME AT : GKG1943@AOL.COM
per page

Find a board about a specific topic