Search for content in message boards

Decendants of John Jacob Ryan

Decendants of John Jacob Ryan

Ryan Carnes (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: RYAN, YEATMAN
Looking for relations of John Jacob Ryan "Father of Lake Charles" Calcasieu Parrish, Louisiana

John Jacob Ryan

Posted: 30 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Apr 2004 2:53AM GMT
Surnames: Ryan
Have been tracing family of John Jacob Ryan. Have most of the family since the original John Jacob Ryan came from Ireland. Would like to find family before came to America. John Jacob Ryan from Ireland had son Daniel Ryan. Daniel had several kids...one he named John Jacob after his father...the second John Jacob had several kids one was Rebecca of whom I am decended from. Rebecca's brother Issac fought and died at Alomo. If you are interested in more let me know

Decendant of John Jacob Ryan

Scott A. Royer (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT

I an the great, great, great, great, grandson of Onesime and Christie (Ryan) Royer. Christine was the eldest of John Jacob Ryans daughters. I have five daughters and one son named Noah Royer. He is two years old and proud to be a DeQuincy Louisiana Royer and will hopefully raise his family right here in Calcasieu Parish.

decendant of John Jacob Ryan

Karen Nickles (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Mar 2003 6:59PM GMT
Surnames: RYAN

My family tree has John Jacob Ryan many times, 3 of his daughters are ancestors...Susanne, Sarah Celeste, Rebecca.
I live very close to where he and wife Maryanne Hargrove are burried.

John Jacob Ryan

Rhonda (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Mar 2003 6:45PM GMT
Hello. My name is Rhonda,John Jacob Ryan is one of my ancestors.Christine Ryan was My Grandmother (JaSinda)Cynthia Jay Royers'Grandmother.Her father was Tom Royer.I would love any information you could give me on this line. Thank You. e-mail me at rhonda_benoit@hotmail.com

Ryan family

Stephanie Sandifer (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Mar 2003 7:00PM GMT
Another descendant here--from 4 of Jacob Sr.'s daughters. There is extensive info in a book--and of course I can't remember the name of it. It was compiled by Columbus Moss and there is a copy of it at the McNeese State University Library. My mother has a copy of it and this is where I learned most of my info about the family line.

It contains all of the Ryan family info and also traces the famliy line down through the 1960s. It's pretty impressive.

Includes the info about the Ryan family coming over "with" the English--my understanding is that the family is of Irish descent--but of course once here, married into all of the Cajun, French, Spanish and German settlers in Southern Louisiana.

If you start to really search you'll discover that most of Calcasieu Parish is descended from Jacob Sr.--many of us can't turn a corner without bumbing into a distant relative!
Posted: 29 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Mar 2003 7:05PM GMT
Surnames: Ryan, Bertrand,
Hello! I am a direct decendant of John Jacob Ryan. I am named after his daughter Rebecca Ryan which we called her "Aunt Beck"! I didnt know her she died before my time but John Jacob Ryan's son George Washington Ryan was my grandmother's grandfather (My grandmother's mom was Mabel Isbell Ryan that married LeoTodd Bertrand). My grandmother was Gwendolyn Bertrand that married Louis George Scallan! I just recently visited his grave where they just erected a statue of Jesus looking over the cemetery in Bilbo Cemetery.
It was beautiful. If I could help, let me know!
Sincerely,
becca

Oliver Ryan Moss

James Moss (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ryan, Moss, Pujo, Lorio, Woods
My great-grandfather, Oliver Ryan Moss, was born in 1836. His family was involved in civic activities during the pioneering days in Calcasieu Parish. He married my great-grandmother, Rose Margueritte Pujo in 1866. My grandfather, Guy Joseph Moss, was born in 1872 and married my grandmother, Cecile Marie Lorio, in 1895. My grandfather's sister, Clara Ann Moss, also married a Lorio, Anthony Alberic Lorio, in 1886. My father, Aloysius Guy Moss, was born in 1902 and married my mother, Dorothy Lee Woods, in 1933. I've been working on a famiy website and have used data from "A Genealogical Record of the Moss Family in America - John Moss, Sr. Line" published by Columbus Joseph Moss in 1963.

Oliver Ryan Moss

Wanda Fay Moss Godwin (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Your Great Grandfather and my Great Grandfather were brothers. Alfred Moss, b.9/14/1829, m.Mary Annie West, b.7/17/1833, he d. 4/11/1913, she d. 11/18/1916. Alfred was the sixth child of Henry Moss and Ann Ryan. Oliver Ryan Moss, b. 8/12/1836, m. 4/5/1866 Margueritte Pujo, b. 9/1/1847, he d. 2/23/1928, she d. 10/31/1944. Oliver Ryan was the ninth child of Henry Moss and Ann Ryan. I have a copy of the book "A Genealogical Record of The Moss Family in America-John Moss, Sr. Line" by Columbus J. Moss, Copyright 1963. Where do you reside? My Great Grandfather settled in Louisiana, south of Sulphur LA, west of Lake Charles LA. There is an area by the name of Moss Lake.

Re: Decendants of John Jacob Ryan

Posted: 1 Apr 2002 4:19AM GMT
Edited: 2 Sep 2002 11:50PM GMT
hello! My great grandmother was the granddaughter to John Jacob Ryan "the father of Lake Charles" and he owned Ryan Street in Lahe Charles that he donated to the city. my grandmother was Mabel Isbel Ryan that married Leo Todd Bertrand. Her father was George Washington Ryan. John Jacob Ryan had a brother that was killed at the Alamo in Texas. Issac Ryan. I would love to hear from you.

Sincerely,
rebecca
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions