Search for content in message boards

Obit for PVT Alfred L SCHELLENGER

Obit for PVT Alfred L SCHELLENGER

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 4:13AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Schellenger
I am researching the life of Alfred L Schellenger, of St Louis, MO. Alfred L was born in Illinois in 1922, but removed to St Louis, MO prior to his induction into the US Army 27 Jan 1943 at Jefferson Barracks. Alfred L served with the 345th IR, 87th ID before he was killed in action on 4 Mar 1945 in fighting along the Kyll River in Germany.
There is an obit avail at the St Louis Public Library as follows:
Schellinger, (Pvt) Alfred L.
St. Louis Post-Dispatch 1945 [KIA] Article 3/19 p4A, (photo) Article 3/20 p5A
Request a look-up of this obit for this fallen American hero.

Re: Obit for PVT Alfred L SCHELLENGER

Posted: 23 Jun 2013 11:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,

IF you're still looking for this obit, the State Historical Society of Missouri has the most complete set of newspaper microfilm in the state (www.stlgs.org). You can request a copy of his obit from them, http://shs.umsystem.edu/newspaper/. Successful Searching!

Posted: 6 Jul 2013 11:12AM GMT
Hello,

We are an family from The Netherlands and we have adopted the grave of Schellenger, Alfred L. servicenumber 37414542 KIA 4 March 1945 burried on the US military Cemetry Henry-Chapelle in Belgium, please de you have som information or photo's from him.

many thanks Bert-Jan Sengers

Posted: 6 Jul 2013 12:32PM GMT
Hello Bert-Jan,
The short answer is yes, I have just (this week) completed my research on the life of Pvt Alfred Leon Schellenger (1922-1945) and I will be happy to share what I have. I was in the process of contacting the owner (Des Philippet) of ALS's Find-a-Grave memorial to add a new bio and other data-elements.
I believe it would be much better if we communicate directly vice via the message boards. If you will provide your email address, I will forward all the data I have.
I am in the process of retrieving ALS's obit from the St Louis, MO, public library. I believe this obit should have a picture of ALS.
ALS is my distant cousin; our common ancestors came from Amsterdam, Netherlands and Antwerp, Belgium, to America circa 1650. I am really amazed there are people in Europe that still care about the Americans who gave their lives for the freedom we all enjoy today.
It is nice to hear from you and be assured, I will assist you anyway I can; my email address is skellysiam@yahoo.com.
Best regards, Mike Skelenger

Posted: 6 Jul 2013 4:35PM GMT
Hello Mike,
Many thanks for your quick reply we were very suprised to hear so quick from you, it will be great to get some information from Alfred L Schellenger, we are the adoptant and visit his grave 2 times a year, sometimes more if possible, to put some flowers on his grave so we don't forget this soldiers what they mean to us and keep the memmory alive.
I'am also an volunteer by FIELDS OF HONOR our website is: www.adoptiegraven-database.nl this website is voluntary works, maybe it's interested to look at.
When I get the information from you I can also update Alfred L Schellenger that will be great.
My e-mail adress is: sengers.megen@home.nl we can communicate to each other.
Look forward to hear from you.

Best regards, Bert-Jan Sengers
per page

Find a board about a specific topic