Search for content in message boards

Eli Northam

Eli Northam

Beth Sumner (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Van Namee, Northam
I have a typewritten Genealogy found in a family bible listing an Ely A. NORTHAM born at Lyden, Lewis county NY 30 Nov 1810 and d. at Hamburg Landing, Tenn during the civil War 20 June, 1862 It says he married Barthena VAN NAMEE (b. 9 Dec 1811 and d. 9 Nov 1894) at Norway, Herkimer County NY on 1 Jan 1834. I am looking for ANY one who can confirm this or any records pertaing to this family line.

Re: Eli Northam

Posted: 7 Jan 2002 12:40AM GMT
Edited: 5 Feb 2002 9:34PM GMT
I am very curious about the typewritten genealogy you mentioned nearly three years ago...The 1860 US Federal Census lists Eli Northum, 48, in Town of Menasha, Winnebago County, Wisconsin, along with Barthena Northum, 47, and Wesley, Simon, Wilson, and Vincent, all born in New York. My family may be related to Wilson, but I need more information. Is there anything else? How did you happen upon this information?

Beth Goodnough (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2002 9:20AM GMT
Surnames: Northam, Harrison, Bishop, Hall, Bell, Fraser, Halverson, Johnson.
I have a partial Family history for the Northam line (my mother was a Northam).

I would be happy to share what I have. you may email me at artiste@bigpond.net.au I now live in Australia.

Posted: 6 Jun 2002 4:40PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jun 2002 4:41PM GMT
Looking for Edward Northan (Meadville, PA) who married Nancy Hamilton (est. early 1800's) had Albert, Ann, John Henry.
Ann married Harry Bartlet, John married a Lockahrt and Henry married Minnie.
Do you have any of these?
Isn't this fun trying to match the dots!!!!

Posted: 7 Jun 2002 1:23AM GMT
I haven't found anyone named Edward in this Eli Northam line, and as far as I can tell, they never spent any time in Pennsylvania--straight from New York to Wisconsin, it seems. But I'm still trying to find Eli's ancestors, so you never know...Keep looking and good luck!

Posted: 8 Dec 2002 6:06AM GMT
Surnames: Northam
I just read your message of Jan. 2001 and wondered which Northam was your mother? My Great Grandmother was Hessie Northam Mendenhall and I and a fellow researcher have taken the line back several generations. Looking forward to hearing from you with your mom's name and her parents if you have them. jwhitney@pacifier.com Thanks Joan

Posted: 27 Aug 2004 3:43AM GMT
Hi Beth,

I have Information about Eli Northam and Barthena Van Namee and would like to share with you.

My name is Carolyn Newman. My email address is Carolyn_Newman@yahoo.com

Posted: 11 Sep 2004 4:08PM GMT
Edited: 22 Dec 2004 12:12AM GMT
I am the great,great grandson of Eli Northam, who married Berthena Van Namee in jan 1834 in Lyden,Lewis County NY.

This Eli moved to Wisconsin and joined the Union Army
from Oshkosh WI on Jan 17 1862. He died on June 20th 1862 from wounds recieved in the battle of Shiloh, TN. His sons were Wesly,Jay,Simon and Norman.

My great grandfather was Norman Northam. His son, my father was Arthur Bernard Northam. My youngest brother is named Edward John Northam.

Any help/

I to am stumped in finding any family connections beyond Eli who was born in Lyden, Lewis County NY.

Any info you may have would be appreciated.

Dan Northam
Omaha,NE

Posted: 11 Sep 2004 4:12PM GMT
We lived in Reading PA from July 1958 until Jan 1960.
My brother Edward was3 years old at that time.

Dan Northam

Posted: 11 Sep 2004 4:20PM GMT
Hello,

Eli Northam born on Nov. 30th,1810 in Lyden, Lewis County, NY is my great,great grandfather. He m oved to Wisconsin and joined the Union Army on Jan 17th, 1862.
He died on June 20th,1862 from wounds received at the battle of Shiloh TN.

I am looking for any connection to the Northam lineage prior to Eli. Any info you may have would be appreciated.

Thank You

Dan Northam
per page

Find a board about a specific topic