Search for content in message boards

Adolphus Henry Law

Adolphus Henry Law

Linda J. Giles (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Law
I am seeking information regarding my great grandfather
Adolphus H. Law. I know he and his second wife Margaret Elizabeth Avery-Law moved to the Palacias area after 1901 from the Pickens County, Indian Territory area. I think he died around 1927 at Palacias. They had three children with them when they moved. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Adolphus Henry Law

Posted: 4 Mar 2012 9:13PM GMT
Adolphus Law was also my great grandfather. I am the granddaughter of Katherine Belle Law. You probably have the same information I found on Ancestry. The 1910 Fed Census shows Adolphus & family in Victoria TX. The 1914 obit for Mary Isabella Averyt (Margaret E. Averyt Law's mother) list's "Mrs. A. H. Law of this city" (Victoria). If this is true, they moved to Palacios, TX after that. Both died there according to the TX Death records 1903-40. My mother's cousin still lives in the area and she believes they were buried near their home. They are not in the cemetery. I have a copy of his Soldier's Pension Application which I got from the Texas State Lib and Archives Commission. It includes hand-written letters & Application for Mortuary Warrant showing death on 1-12-1927. I have been looking for more documents for Adolphus and other Law ancestors as well. I am happy to share information. Linda Gulledge

Re: Adolphus Henry Law

Posted: 4 Mar 2012 9:39PM GMT
If you will email Mary Sexton marysx@tisd.net she can verify whether they are or are not in the Palacios Cemetery.

Carol Sue Gibbs
Matagorda County Genealogical Society
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions