Martha...2-F...VA

Re: Benjamin Alman/Allman of MD,PA,WV

Mary (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2002 11:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Feb 2011 3:48PM GMT
Surnames: Allman McCullough
Kris:
The line of Allman's you have listed are my line. I have most of the data except for Benjamin's parents. He was born in Maryland 1780. Married Mary (Maris) McCullough. Had many children. Washington his son is really "George Washington Allman, m: Sarah Ann Hunter. They had many children. If you can fill me in on whatever else you have I would appreciate it.
Sincerely,
Mary Ann Zervos.

Krismarie (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2002 1:53AM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2011 3:48PM GMT
Surnames: Allman
i don't have anything else on this Allman family. I would like to connect all of the Allman families, the Maryland, Pa and Va ones. I have a gut feeling that they are all connected somehow. My Allman's were in Va/WV-my earliest was William Allman b.@1750.. Sorry I couldn't help more on your line- Krismarie

Posted: 30 Dec 2002 5:59PM GMT
Hi, I have been trying to find information about my grandfather and his ancestors. His name is/was (don't know if he is alive or dead) Arthur Woodrum Allman. He may or may not have been born in the Ohio, WV area. I do know that he did live in WV. The last that my dad heard about him was that he was living in Montgomery, WV about six years ago. I have never met him. My grandparents divorced when my dad and his sister were pretty young and neither have had much contact with him. I feel that I am missing part of myself by not knowing who my ancestors are. What I do know about him is that he was born before 1920. He was married to my grandmother, Naomi Lusher around the second world war. My dad, James Arthur Allman was born on Nov. 27, 1944 and my aunt, Margret Ellen Allman (McNeil) was born in either 1947or 1948. This is all that I know. If this is one of your relatives could you please tell me all that you know. Thank you.
Tara Allman

Krismarie (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2002 8:50PM GMT
I am sorry I can't help you. I really only deal with the Allman family back into the 1800, and 1700's. But the WV Allman branch is very large- you may want to try usgenweb.com and go to WV and put queries there....

Eileen Van Allman (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2002 12:18AM GMT
Is there a chance that your Allman name had a' Van' before it ? My husband's family, Van Allman, came from Hollidaysburg, Blair County, PA. Earlier settlers came from from Frankstown twp., PA. His name was Adam Van Allman born 1797 in Blair Co, PA and died 1847 in Frankstown Twp. PA. He married Catherine Mogul. This is as far back as I can go on this family. Can anyone out there help me with this family?
Regards, Eileen

Posted: 4 Aug 2003 7:33AM GMT
I know all of these families are connected. I hit a dead end at Joseph Jesse Allman, b. 1874, m. Mary Ellen Godbey in Fayette County, WV.

I can't figure out where he came from! Does this tie in with your line at all?

Krismarie (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2003 6:54PM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2011 3:49PM GMT
I don't have a joseph or Jesse in my Allman's but I don't have all of them either. Check the Hacker's Creek website, they have alot on the Allman family. Good Luck

Posted: 6 Oct 2004 12:34AM GMT
I don't know if there is a connection or not.

My gggrandfather was Jesse Allman (b. 1804 PA) Two of his sons were:
Joseph b. 1860
Jesse b. 1845
Another son, Ephraim (my ancestor) moved to Fayette Co. WV around 1900.

I was wondering if your Joseph Jesse might have been a descendent of one of Jesse Sr's sons.....

It is a long shot, but the names are similar.

I am at a real dead end, too, and can't get back any farther than Jesse Sr. He was from PA, but, I can't find where in PA. He married Lovina Jenkins in 1838, Scioto Co. Ohio.

MaryAnn Zervos (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2004 3:15AM GMT
Thank you for your reply. I know that my Allman clan came through MD,PA,WV. I have gotten up to 1845 with abraham then stops then picks up again with my Benjamin. I havent noticed a Jesse but then again I wasnt looking for one. Please keep in touch. Never know when our families may connect. I think they will. I have a lot of info from 1694. There is a place you can look, The Old Swedes Church (Holy Trinity Church) in Maryland. I believe in Kent County. You will find metting records, births, marriages, deaths. The LDS has the church records, or you can call the church. I spoke to a lady named Josephine and she sent copies of records. The church is also on the internet.
Let me know how you made out. Keep in touch.
you can e mail me at: MAZTTF@aol.com
Mary Ann Zervos
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions