Search for content in message boards

Hambrights of Tennessee

Hambrights of Tennessee

Posted: 1 Jun 2009 2:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hambright Family of East Tennessee and Georgia
I have many old tin types and photographs of Hambright family members. Most will be people from the east Tennessee and north Georgia area. They lived in Loudon, McMinn and Bradley counties. The photographs were found in an old family album from the Civil War period and are of both Confederal men in uniform and Union men in uniform. Some are of females and couples. If anyone would have any idea of the identify of these Hambrights or other family lines from this era, please let me know. I'd be happy to email.

Re: Hambrights of Tennessee

Posted: 26 Jul 2009 9:01PM GMT
Hi! I just wanted to know were the Hambright's on the pictures African-American or Caucasian?

Posted: 27 Jul 2009 3:21AM GMT
All of the old photographs and tin types I have are caucasian.

Posted: 27 Jul 2009 7:13PM GMT
Hi, Kathy..

Have you already sent me some of these pictures? I might be able to help identify some of them if you would pass them along in digital format. You know, we're the same clan and I have some of my own photos to compare them to. I haven't put all mine in digital format, but it's a shot!

Would love to visit more... so you're going to have to come to Austin or maybe we can meet up in your area.

Best wishes,
rebecca

Posted: 28 Aug 2011 1:03PM GMT
Hello, my sister is the grandaughter-in-law of Lillie Frances Scates. Her mother was a Hambright from East TN. I would be happy to help identify any of the photos you would care to share. We have some of grandma's photos here with us

Posted: 28 Aug 2011 11:22PM GMT
Thanks so much for your response. I'll find my old photographs (which are already scanned and on a thumb drive) and send them. Would you prefer I send them to your email or where? Also, can you find out if the Hambright line you mentioned in East TN is from Loudon, McMinn or Bradley Counties? My line lived in Cleveland, Loudon, and surrounding cities. Some are buried at Red Clay, GA. Some at Hambright Cemetery on the Hiwasee River in Bradley County. Let me know where to send the photos and thanks again!

Posted: 31 Aug 2011 1:19AM GMT
Surnames: Hambright, Scates
Hi,
Lillie Scates is from the Benjamin line of Col. Frederick Hambright's children. Benjamin was the son of Frederick and Sarah. He moved to the Knoxville area and had a son, John w. Hambright....who had a son, Henry Delray Hambright, ..who had a daughter, Lillie Agnes Hambright (married Frank Scates).... who had Lillie Scates. Most of the family stayed in the Knoxville area.

Kathy, your photos probably won't be any help here because we're in the John Hardin line. Your ancestors, and mine, were further south in the Cleveland and Calhoun area. They may have crossed paths, but it isn't likely that they would have been having photos of the two families together.

You're always so sweet to share. I'd like to see what the original poster has in her files for photos. I don't think I have any of that family.

Posted: 31 Aug 2011 2:37AM GMT
Actually, my line was also from the Roane County, the Loudon, and the McMinn County areas. My great grandmother, Kate Wells Hambright, as well as 4 older siblings, were all born in Roane County, which is close to the Knoxville area. The photographer studio on the back of several old photographs is in Knoxville. And my great, great grandmother, Sarah Lutecia Kerr Hambright's folks were from the Maryville area, also close to Knoxville. So, I think there would be a good chance someone from the Knoxville Hambright's might be able to compare old photos. And some young men are in confederate uniforms and some in union. I know the Hambright's were divided on this in the entire area of east Tennessee.

Posted: 5 Sep 2011 1:50PM GMT
I'd like to have an email address so I can email some of the old photographs from the Knoxville area. In looking through the female children, I found one that had the name, Lilly, at the bottom. Name has been cut in half, so the whole name isn't legible. Do you know of a photo of your ancestor at about the age of 3 or 4 sitting in a chair with lace up black shoes and a white dress with 2 black stripes diagonally across the front? Lots of my photographs are from a photograph studio in the Knoxville area. I know it's a long shot, but worth a try. I'd also like to know more about your Hambright line you mentioned. Thanks so much ...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions