Search for content in message boards

Samuel Harris Hoge, SR-from Virginia

Samuel Harris Hoge, SR-from Virginia

Steve (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2005 8:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Am looking for decendents/information on Samuel Harris Hoge, SR (1860-1947). He lived in Roanoke, VA during most of his life. He was a lawyer, postmaster and ran for governor of VA in 1924 but lost to Harry Byrd. I have most of the major dates and names of first generation offspring. Thanks,
Steve

Re: Samuel Harris Hoge, SR-from Virginia

Posted: 17 Feb 2005 2:46AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jun 2005 7:16PM GMT
Surnames: Hoge, Hume
I have info on his ancestors and line to William Hoge and Barbara Hume. I would like to know where he is buried.

Steve (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2005 6:41PM GMT
Thanks-but I'm looking for information from his lifetime forward. There is a book called 'The Family of Hoge' (If not, it's a similar short title). He is buried in Roanoke, VA at Fairview Cemetery. Fairview Cemetery is on the Roanoke/Salem line. I've been to the gravesite. They purchased a large lot and there's a big gravestone with 'Hoge' on it to mark the spot. The staff at the cemetery is wonderful to work with and can direct you to the grave as well as give you a listing of all the people buried in the plot. Do you have any information on his family post 1900? Thanks-Steve

Posted: 27 Dec 2011 8:54PM GMT
Steve:
I have a copy of the Hoge Family History at home;a fairly thick book. I don't have the exact title, but will check this evening. I hope you and your family had a great XMAS. Thanks, Robert (Buster).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions