Search for content in message boards

Caledonia

Caledonia

Posted: 13 Nov 2003 1:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Sep 2004 5:45AM GMT
Surnames: Hume, Hoge
I am looking for information on my ancestors that come from Paisley Scotland in 1682 on the Caledonia. First, I've seen 2 different spellings. The other spelling is, Caladonia. Can anyone tell me which is correct? Also, I know that William Hoge was on the ship. Did he have a wife with him at the time. He later married Barbara Hume. She was a girl at the time and was on the ship with her parents, (Sir) James Hume b.1639 and his wife Marjorie. I have seen different surnames names for Marjorie (Johnson?) middle name Scott. Is there a birth date for Marjorie. Both Marjorie and James died on the ship. Is there more information as to what the problems were on ship and how they died. Any info would be very helpful.

Re: Caledonia

Posted: 4 Feb 2006 5:37PM GMT
Hi, I am also looking for information on the Caledonia. I have documents from my great great grandmother about William Hoge and his wife Barbara, but I can't find any more information on the ship. Did you ever find anything? I have contacted the Scottish Maritime Museum but I haven't heard back yet. I know this is a two year old question, but I've just started my search, and any information will be most helpful! Thanks!

Posted: 22 Apr 2008 5:56AM GMT
If you are still looking for information, I have some. Still trying to nail it all in place, but it might help.

Posted: 21 Jun 2013 12:07AM GMT
Surnames: Hoge. Hogue
My five greats grandparents were William and Barbara Hoge (Hogue). What kind of documents do you have and would you be willing to share the information?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions