Search for content in message boards

FTM2/Mac crashes in OS X 10.8/Mountain Lion

FTM2/Mac crashes in OS X 10.8/Mountain Lion

Posted: 3 Mar 2012 4:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
FYI: Family Tree Maker 2 for Mac crashes immediately upon startup in OS X 10.8/Mountain Lion.

Re: FTM2/Mac crashes in OS X 10.8/Mountain Lion

Posted: 13 Mar 2012 6:48PM GMT
Edited: 13 Mar 2012 6:49PM GMT
Same here - it runs fine on initial installation but crashes after installing the update.

Guess we will have to wait for another update and see if it fixes things.

Meanwhile am going to roll back to release version.....

Posted: 14 Mar 2012 3:55PM GMT
Richard,

Is Mountain Lion officially available? If not, they you MAY have issues until the developers have the final version and are able to release any updates as required.

The is the normal practice of the folks at Ancestry.com. At least the way it has been in the past and I don't expect them to change now.

The official requirements Knowledge Base stops at OS X 10.7.

Russ

Posted: 14 Mar 2012 3:59PM GMT
It's not out yet. It's still in beta. I was merely offering a heads up.

Posted: 14 Mar 2012 4:44PM GMT
Richard,

Thank you.

Russ

Re: FTM2/Mac crashes in BETA OS X 10.8/Mountain Lion

Posted: 14 Mar 2012 4:56PM GMT
Do you understand what beta means?

If the purpose was to "give a heads-up" to the FTMM software developers, this is not the appropriate forum.

This is a user forum and warning the mostly pedestrian users the program crashes when fired in a beta OS, months before its' release, is simply not warranted.

When ML is released (the buzz is this summer), it may or may not cause problems with a myriad of existing software applications. So goes the world of tech.

Posted: 20 Mar 2012 3:05PM GMT
For the sake of updating the situation, I can now report that FTM2/Mac runs just fine in the Mountain Lion Preview 2.

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 3:38AM GMT
I have the final release of OSX 10.8/Mountain Lion and am having continual crashes with FTM with the update. When I try to merge a census record with a person in the tree it either hangs forever until I have to force quit or crashes on its own.

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 4:13PM GMT
Hi

just bought a brand new macbook pro with i7 processor and 16gb memory, it also has dual video cards. Moutian lion is installed.

Installed the software, it did an automatic update from the internet.

I copied accross the converted database ( I did update the program on my pc)

Now I seem to have the same as everyone else. As soon as I start it up from launchpad I can open my file - at least it's in the address bar.

However when I select people, places or media I get a blank grey screen and if I wait long enough a husge text doucment appears telling me of all the errors.#

Does anyone have a fix or should I contact support

thanks

Jennie ( A really new mac user)

Posted: 4 Sep 2012 12:30AM GMT
Is there any update to this thread? I'm only waiting to hear that FTM is working before I do my Mountain Lion upgrade. Everyone on this thread is having problems; who has FTM Mac working on Mountain Lion and is satisfied?

Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic