Search for content in message boards

Burhite: Seeking information on William Finch Burhite

Burhite: Seeking information on William Finch Burhite

Jeremiah Burhite (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2004 3:00AM GMT
I'm have little information to start with. I know my great grandfather's name was Leonard Grant Burhite. I don't know his birth date for certain, but I know he died in 1945 when he was fairly young, so the date given in the birth records here at 1905 are at least believable. His listed father is William Finch Burhite, I also so his name listed with his wife's for a Georgia Burnkite and his name was listed Wm. F. Burnhite. So there are some variatons. If there are anyone who knows more I would appreciate help.

Re: Burhite: Seeking information on William Finch Burhite

Posted: 1 Feb 2004 4:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Jeremiah- The name Burhite jumped out at me - I have a relative that was married to one also. I found in the Adams County, Wisconsin birth record that Leonard Grant Burhite was born on 6 May 1905 to William Finch Burhite and Cynthia Rosalie Hamel in New Rome Wi.. I also found his Obit in the Waterloo Daily Courier. Wed Feb 19 1947-I'll give you the details- 41 yrs -lived 849 Fowler Street ,died 7:30 St. Francis Hospital of liver ailment-born May 6,1905 at New Rome Wi.-son of William and Cynthia Burhite-moved to Waterloo when he was young-married Delores Jenninngs Nov 21, 1925 in Waterloo-was a grocer-member of Retail Grocers Assc. and Loyal Order of the Moose-surviving are his wife and one son Richard E., a brother Robert of Wisconsin Rapids-two sisters,Mrs D.B. Foutch,Waterloo, Mrs.C.M. Pratt Minneapolis,Mn.-one brother ,his fathera nd mother preceded him-
The paper said he died on Tues,so he died Feb 18,1947.
He was buried in Calvary Cemetery.
I also saw a listing for Wm. F. Burhite b. 1854 and died 1932 in Fairview Cemetery, Waterloo, Iowa
Hope this information is what you are looking for

Jeremiah Burhite (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2004 7:22AM GMT
Thank you so much. That's him, thats my great great grandfather (William Finch Burhite)! Thank you so much. Youve done more than I could expect. I wasn't positive, but Delores Jennings was my great grandmother (who died just this last december) Richard was my grandpa Dick, and you have a place a cemetery for William too! If I may ask, who was your relative married to? And how are you related. My family's geneology is rather unknown to us, and this makes the furthest back anyone of my family has gone back. I'm very excited, thank you again.

kathy spirio (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2004 2:39PM GMT
So glad I was of help-many people have helped me,so I figured I would return the favor. My great grandfather George Weaver had a sister named Adeline(Addie). She married Bela Burhite in Wi. His Father was William W. Burhite. There must be some connection,because they lived in the same area(Adams County) but I have not figured it out. It's funny that I was not able to find them on the census. When I ran into a brick wall with the Weaver name ,I began exploring the brothers and sisters- thats how I came up with Burhite.
One of Leonard Burhite's sisters was Mrs. D.B. Foutch- I checked it out for you and found Derwin B. Foutch married to Georgia A. Burhite-she was also born in Adams County, Wi. 19 Aug 1892 and died Feb 1981. They had 2 children listed a Thelma born around 1912 and a son Wayne born in 1921. You may want to see if there is a Wayne Foutch who still lives in Iowa. He should be 83 . If I find out anything else,I'll let you know.

Posted: 6 Feb 2004 4:29PM GMT
While looking up the information I found articles from the newspapers- if you don't have the newspaper collection available to you I would be happy to send them to you along with what I found out on your family. There may be a connection. Your William may be a brother to my Bela. The census loooks like William H., but the obit for the father says W.F. Burhite plus the mothers maiden name was Finch!
I'll keep looking-if you want the copies send your address to Kspirio@hotmail .com

Posted: 12 Jul 2010 12:49PM GMT
Surnames: burhite...married Kevin Karlan
both of you are correct on the connection Richard burhite was the son of leonard Burhite which William and Cynthia was the parents my grandmother is Dolores Burhite,Briner, kemmerer....My mother was Lorriane Madden...hoping to seek out more information on my dads side. I remember there is a connection of Finch in the background but not sure. I do know somewhere bunrkite was changed to Burhite a long the line.

Posted: 31 Oct 2010 7:15AM GMT
Dear Jeremiah,

Take a look at my tree-I have it going back to the 1500's on some of the family members. There has been a lot of road blocks when it comes to the mothers but the tree is filling in nicely.

Love and Miss you,
Aunt Chris

Posted: 19 Jan 2013 4:33AM GMT
Yeah, I've found out a lot more since that original post several years back.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions