Search for content in message boards

Mt. Horeb in 1870 & 1880 Census

PIEH, John - Middleton -1880

Posted: 6 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 9:11PM GMT
Surnames: PIEH, HETTERICH, LORCH
I noticed that you referenced the surname PIEH. There was a John PIEH listed in the "History of Dane County, Wisconsin -1880". He ran a hotel at Pheasant Branch in the Town of Middleton. Came to Wis in the fall of 1855. He was born in Kurhessen, in 1829, a son of George and Elizabeth (HETTERICH) PIEH. He married Elizabeth LORCH and they had 13 children --- John F, Rosetta, Mary, Christina, William, Julius, George, and Lovina; five children died young. He had the hotel and also ran a butcher and produce shop.

Mt. Horeb in the 1870/1880 Census

Edited: 25 Jun 2001 3:04AM GMT
The Village of Mt. Horeb is in Blue Mounds Twp. Mt. Horeb wasn't incorporated until 1899, so maybe it isn't listed in the census as such. If you are checking rural areas that could have a Mt. Horeb address you may also want to check Springdale Twp.

Mt. Horeb in 1870 & 1880 Census

Allen Tyler (View posts)
Surnames: PIEH, MAUTZ
I have been able to find neither the 1870 nor the 1880 census for Mt. Horeb; I have searched the entire census films for Dane County, but no success. The problem is compounded by the fact that my local library does not have indices for Wisconsin for either year.

Was Mt. Horeb in a different county at that time? Has its name been changed over the years? Neither of these seem likely, but I would be grateful for any information that will help me find the lists on microfilm.

Pieh

Barbara (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Pieh, Schneider
Dear Allen, If you find the 1870 and or 1880 census for Blue Mounds and Springdale Twps (Dane County), could you check if a Dorothea Schneider, married July 1870 to Andreas in Springfield/Springdale (?), is included? Thanks

Re: Mt. Horeb in 1870 & 1880 Census

Posted: 31 May 2014 6:00AM GMT
A John Pieh is listed with photo in the following Mt. Horeb History
http://images.library.wisc.edu/WI/EFacs/MtHorebLocHist2/MtHo...
Attachments:

1880 Census and marriage record

Posted: 1 Jun 2014 8:08PM GMT
Surnames: Pieh, Schneider
1880 Middleton Village of Pheasant Branch
(FYI Pheasant Branch is where Middleton started. It is just down the road from me where the Stamm House is. You can see the Stamm House on the internet).
Pieh family, page 29, SD 2 ED 80
John age 51, born Prussia 1829, a saloon keeper, parents born Prussia
Elizabeth, his wife, age 49, home maker, born Wisconsin, parents born Prussia
Their children, all born in Wisconsin are:
Mary 22
Christine 17
William 15
Julius 11
George 8
Servina 5

Marriage records index:
Dorethea Schneider daughter of John Schneider and M. Schneider, was married on 31 July 1870 in Middleton, Dane County, Wisconsin to Andreas Pieh, the son of Lo Pieh and Elizabeth Pieh.
Springfield is the township by Middleton.
If you need more information please post.
Sandie

Re: Mt. Horeb in 1870 & 1880 Census

Posted: 1 Jun 2014 8:23PM GMT
Surnames: Pieh, Lorch
Evergreen Hill Cemetery, Middleton, Dane Co., Wisconsin
Pieh
John born 5 May 1829 Hessen, Germany, died at Pheasant Branch 10 March 1892
Elizabeth, his wife, born 6 September 1830 and died 23 July 1917 at Washburn, Bayfield, County, Wisconsin.
There are others with the Pieh surname in this cemetery.
You can see them along with pictures of the grave markers, children listed of John and Elizabeth and also the obituary for John.
The website, which is free, is findagrave.com. Key in the country, the state and the county and they the names will come up.
Good luck searching.
Sandie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions