Search for content in message boards

Harris Family in Wills Point, TX

Harris Family in Wills Point, TX

D. Harris (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2000 3:39PM GMT
I am looking for information on the Harris Family in the town of Wills Point, Texas or this area any information would greatly be appreciated.

Wills Point Harris'

Charles F. Harris (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2000 8:58PM GMT
Born in Tyler. Father - Hearl Edward Harris of Mineola.

Betty Harris

Posted: 19 Jun 2000 1:21PM GMT
Edited: 7 Aug 2005 6:50PM GMT
I am looking for parents or siblings of Betty Harris, from or around Detroit or Paris Texas. She was married to Bret Whitaker.

Harris' of Wills Point, TX

Marsha Harris Davey (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2000 5:31PM GMT
Hello! Don't know if we're talking about the same Harris family, but this is what I know of mine in Wills Point. My grandfather was Erdie B. Harris, born in Wills Point around 1898/99. I don't know his fathers first name, but his mother's maiden name was Susie Sandlin (I think). Other than my grandfather, they had several other children and I think they were mostly boys. I know at least one died as an infant. The only two brother's names I remember were Wayne and Ezra (I think). Erdie married Flora White, also of Wills Point (she was born in 1901). They were married around 1918/19. They had two sons, James L. Harris born in Wills Point around 1920 (now deceased about 2 years) and William Roy Harris (my father) born in 1926 in Terrel, Texas. My father always went by the name Roy and he died 12/26/88. My grandparents moved from Wills Point to Childress sometime in the late 20's or early 30's I believe, then moved to Dallas in the 50's and stayed there until they moved into a retirement home in Ennis in the 80's. Erdie died in March of 1987 and Flora in February of 1989. They are both buried in Wills Point. Well, I won't go into any more detail, because this may not be the family you're looking for, but please let me know. You can email me at:
MarshaD362@aol.com Good Luck! Marsha Harris Davey
per page

Find a board about a specific topic