Search for content in message boards

Alfred Thomas and Mary Danford

Alfred Thomas and Mary Danford

Posted: 1 Jan 2002 4:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Aug 2003 9:33PM GMT
Surnames: danford, gilroy, mccauley, martin
Alfred Thomas DANFORD (b.1800's) {possibly Stirling Ont.-Hastings twp.} m Mary ?
-children: Charles, Jonah, Arthur Burness, Albert, George, Jonathon, Israel

Charles William DANFORD (b. 1883 d. 1917 WWI - buried at Vimy Ridge) m. Beatrice GILROY (her parents - George Wesley GILROY & Agnes MCCAULEY)
-children: James Edward, Effie Leona (Lee), Goldie, Clarence Arthur

Clarence Arthur DANFORD (b. 1913 Coe Hill, Ont. Wollaston Twp. d. 2000 New Zealand) m. Loretta MARTIN (b. 3 July 1907 Chaffey Twp. Huntsville, Ont. d. 26 April 1995).

Clarence & Loretta are my (Gay's) parents.

Any information on DANFORDS or other surnames listed here would be greatly appreciated.
Let's make some connections !

Ron & Gay
rjohnson@uoguelph.ca

John Gilroy and Samantha Asselstine

Posted: 20 Mar 2002 3:28AM GMT
Edited: 12 Aug 2003 9:34PM GMT
Surnames: Danford, Gilroy, Ash, Keller, Asselstine
Hi Gay,

I was born in Coe Hill in 1946. Both the Danford and Gilroy names are familiar to me. My great-great-grandparents were John Gilroy and Samantha Asseltine. They had several daughters-Edith married Elisha Ash- was my great grandmother. Her sister Martha married ? Danford. They had 2 sons- Clinton (deseased) and Elgin (lives around Marmora, Ontario), also I think a daughter named Edra.Clinton's family grew up in Coe Hill but none are there now. His widow Doris passed away last November. Their children are Lorne, Gail, Donald, Diana, Holly and Craig. I'm not sure where any of them are located at present. I'll check with my dad who still lives in Coe Hill re Martha's husbands name as it is on Dad's side of the family through the Gilroy, Ash, Keller families that the connection is made.

Re: John Gilroy & Samantha Asselstine

Posted: 16 Feb 2003 7:05PM GMT
Edited: 12 Aug 2003 9:39PM GMT
Surnames: gilroy, asselstine, danford, coleman, aylesworth, maracle, markwick, parkinson, mcintyre, fenton
Hi Gay, I am married to a Danford. His name is Kevin and he is a great grandson of John Gilroy & Samantha Asselstine. His father is Elgin Elwood Danford son of George and Martha Danford. (Gilroy) He was born July 28,1927. He married Myrtle Pearl Coleman on April 2,1949. They were married until her death January 25,2002. He is still living in Marmora. They had 7 children as follows---
Eldon David Ray - b - June 20,1950--Married September 16,1978 to Wendy Aylesworth of Madoc.--Divor ced December of 2000.
Gary Alec Douglas Danford - b - July 29,1955--Married Janie Maracle July 26, 1975 ( i think ) -she died Feb 5,1996 of cancer. Two children--Shauna - b - Feb. 26,--Married Oct 2001. - h - Kristopher Parkinson-- first child born Feb 9,2003. boy- Kearan James Alec
Brandy - b - June 1, 1980
Kevin Elgin Elwood - b - September 19,1959--Married Barbara Markwick July 14,1979--One child - Paul Kevin Douglas born August 12,1980
Edra Adelia Omemee - b- October 18,1961--Married Paul McIntrye - August 6,1996-one child - Kayla - b - August 3,1995.
Denise Eva Pearl - b - January 7,1963.
Marlene Lynn Ann - b - February 14,1965--Married Bill Fenton September 30,1990--Two children Shawneen - b - May 5,1991--Brandon - b - July 27,1995
Dwayne Eugine Byron - b - Feb. 25,1972

Israel Dandford was married to Jerusha Eva Lake . Don't know his date of death but hers was January 18,1979. They had no children.

Edra Danford is Elgin's sister. I don't know her date of birth but she died April 18, 1998. She married Milford Jones then divorced but do not know these dates or any dates related to her with next info. Remarried to Carl Warden of Fulton NY. Lived there till her death. Adopted twin girls--Linda and Laurie. Laurie Married with 3 children.

Clinton Danford had three other children--beverly, wayne and lorne. I think most of them are in the kincardine area.

Hope this info will help you. Please let me know of any other developments at my address above. thanks barb

Searching for Isaac Danford

Stella Lendrum (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2003 6:02AM GMT
Edited: 12 Aug 2003 9:39PM GMT
Surnames: danford
Hi Barbara,

Just wondering if you have any Isaac Danford's in your family tree or in any of your family tree research. I know he came from the Hastings area originally but can't find any early info on him or his family.

Thanks,
Stella

Re: John Gilroy and Samantha Asselstine

Posted: 23 Aug 2005 11:52PM GMT
Surnames: Gilroy
My great-great grandparents were Elizabeth Jane Gilroy and John Short. Elizabeth Jane was John Gilroy's sister. Their parents were George Carter Gilroy and Mary A. Hickerson.
Would like to exchange any information with you.

Brenda De Castris (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2005 1:54AM GMT
Hi Cindy,
Good to hear from another family member. I am leaving for Italy tomorrow, to visit my husband's family. Will be gone until the end of Seprember but will definitely get back to you then.
Brenda

linda anderson (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2005 4:55AM GMT
12-21-05
dear cindy -am answering you message to brenda de castris--her father & my mother were cousins--i would also be interested in sharing info with you re john gilroy's family--also mine & yours--if interested you can contact me after the holidays--look forward to hearing from you--my email address is linda@ftconline.ca--if you contact me could i get you'se--have a great holiday--linda anderson

Re: Alfred Thomas and Mary Danford

linda anderson (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2005 5:13AM GMT
12-21-05
dear ron & gay--my name is linda anderson--my g grandparents were john gilroy & samantha assesltine on my mother's side--am interested in sharing & getting more info re the girlroy famil--if interested please contact me after xmas--look forward to hearing from you--have a great holiday--bye for now--linda anderson--my email address is linda@ftconline.ca

Sandy Gill (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 2006 8:56PM GMT
Hi Gay
I am researching Thomas and Mary Danford family Hasting, Ontario, Canada. Look forward to hearing from you.
Sandy Gill

Gay Gennings (View posts)
Posted: 10 Nov 2006 7:21PM GMT
Hi Sandy

Which area are you researching? Family before or after? I'll be happy to compare notes- just e-mail me at gay@gaygennings.com.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Gay Gennings (nee Danford)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic