Search for content in message boards

Bond family 1800 to present Via NC, GA, AR,ending in TX

Bond family 1800 to present Via NC, GA, AR,ending in TX

Posted: 15 Jun 2004 9:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Jun 2004 9:23PM GMT
Surnames: Bond, Bettis,Ring
I'm looking for anyone willing to share information about Andrew Bond DOB abt 1810 GA, Son ,George Washington Bond DOB 1848 married to Laura Ring/Bettis DOB 1854 AR To Texas. Laura & George are buried side by side in Oakland Cemetery, Dallas 1817-1829. They were farmers in Mulberry area AR, Bell County TX, Collins County Texas, Kaufman County Texas, and Dallas County, Texas. News paper clipping tells of Laura's two sons being killed by a train ,Texas Pacific, near Dallas in 1887. Their names were George Washington Bettis and William Newton Bettis and stated that Mrs. Bond had been married to a Bettis previously Jim Wheat's Dallas web site has article. Boys went by Bond surname on census. George & Laura's other children John Andy, Ada Bond and Hezekial or Hezekiah Bond. I am trying to find out any new info and would appreciate any help. There are no other direct family members that I am aware of with this info so I'm hoping decendent from other related Bond's could help me.

Re: Bond family 1800 to present Via NC, GA, AR,ending in TX

Posted: 17 Jun 2004 7:13AM GMT
Edited: 13 Sep 2004 7:34AM GMT
Surnames: Stark(e), York, Bond, Bowen, McDonald, Quailes, Wozencraft, Butler,Malcom,Hawk,Brown, Cunningham, etc.
Hi -
It is my belief that you are talking about Andrew Jackson Bond b. 1837 Elbert County, Georgia. I only have his ancestors listed, not his wife. The giveaway for me was the naming of a son John Andy - ie.Andrew.
Could this be your ancestor?

Sandy (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2004 8:12AM GMT
Surnames: Bond/Ring
Hi Diane
Since your Andrew Jackson Bond was born in 1837 he could very well be a cousin or even a brother to my great grandfather George Washington Bond. On the census records I have George listed as having been born in 1848-49. The 1880 census that has Andrew on it in Franklin, Mulberry Arkansas has Andrew listed as being born in Georgia and 70 at that time. On that same census Andrew lists his father as having been born in South Carolina. I found one record of a marriage between an Andrew Bond and a Harriet Riley in Hall, Georgia 1833. The dots sometime are very hard to connect. I would love to see your ancestry list on your Bonds. My email is stormcatcher53@wmconnect.com

Posted: 19 Jun 2004 7:30AM GMT
Surnames: Stark(e), York, Bond, Bowen, McDonald, Quailes, Wozencraft, Butler,Malcom,Hawk,Brown, Cunningham, etc.
Will you email me direct at dianessanfilippo@earthlink.net, please?
I do have a .txt file of the descendants of Charles Bond and Mary Mabably Pocks (some say Parks), and an entire book of names... but I can send you the descendants list.

Diane

Posted: 21 Jun 2004 1:11AM GMT
Surnames: Bond Mayfield
I'm interested in your information about Bonds in Georgia in the early 1800's. I've looked for the family of Frances Bond, but have not found much. I have pictures of her grave in Palmetto, GA, now south Fulton County, formerly Campbell County. She was born 3-25-1815 in Franklin County, GA, married Valentine Richard Smith Mayfield on 2-28-1832, and died 11-16-1880 in Campbell County, GA. They had 11 children, one of whom was my great-great-grandfather. If you have anything that would indicate who her parents were, I'd love to hear from you.

Sandy (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 2004 1:35AM GMT
Sorry Charlotte,
I myself have not gone past the 1880 cesus records for Franklin County, Mayberry, Arkansas where it stated George Washington Bond age 31 was born in Georgia and Andrew Bond ,widowed, age 70 was born in Ga and his father and mother,names unknown, were born in South Carolina. I do recall in my research running across a Mayfield Bond. I'll try to remember where I say it . If I find out anything on him I will put it on the web for you.
Blessings,
Sandy

Sandy (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 2004 8:36AM GMT
Charlotte
Have you used "I Dream of Genealogy.com"? I went there and found Francis Bond in with the Joseph M Bond and Mary Dodd ancestry. They have her parents as " Robert & Agnes Bond " of Abberville, SC. But needs to be proved. Theres quit a lot of info there. Hope this helps.
Sandy

Posted: 22 Jun 2004 10:04PM GMT
At the moment, my grandchildren from Florida are visiting, and I only get to see them once a year - but as soon as they leave on Friday, I will look around and see what I can find.
There is also a book called 'The History of Franklin County', but I do not own it - but have a friend who does... and I have another resource... please email me at dianessanfilippo@earthlink.net after Friday and remind me, again giving me the names, dates, etc... I do not have her on my own database, but that does not mean I cannot find her. Can you give me some of the names of her children - that would be a clue if she used names of her siblings. I have one 'daughter Bond' b. between 1810 and 1820 Georgia. Her parents were Nelson Bond b. abt 1788 Virginia married Martha McMahan. The only siblings I have listed are Thomas, Edith, Elizabeth, and Nelson W.
Diane

Sandy (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jun 2004 11:28PM GMT
Thanks for the info. You have your grand kids this week and we have ours coming up next week. So my mind has been on that pretty much. They are just here for a few days, so, don't worry about it right now and enjoy your visit. Take care.
Sandy

Posted: 6 Jul 2004 2:37AM GMT
Edited: 18 Mar 2005 4:22AM GMT
Surnames: Bond, Foster, Rowsey, Ritter, Creighton
I have an Andrew Jackson Bond, born Nov 11 1837 and married circa 1861 to Tallulah Frances Tucker. Andrew died in 1909. I show five children, none named Andrew.

What I have is online at:

http://www.hamiltonbond.com/family
per page

Find a board about a specific topic