Search for content in message boards

Re: problems this afternoon on Ancestry

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 6:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am seeing all sorts of glitches cropping up this afternoon-CHECK BACK SOON-Errors of other sorts. Someone must not be minding the store this weekend.

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 6:58PM GMT
Same here but mostly seems to affect viewing profiles in my trees. Refreshing the particular page it occurs on fixes it, usually, but it's happened numerous times today.

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 7:29PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2012 7:35PM GMT
I'm having the same problems. I can't even add records. These problems happen every time Ancestry has a "Free Week".

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 7:46PM GMT
Here is another. Is any one else seeing these. I can back out and click again and it goes away only to return for someone else-same way CHECK BACK SOON keeps showing up.
Attachments:

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 7:48PM GMT
I didn't know there was a free weekend but if memory serves-these things do seem to crop up when there is a free weekend. Maybe servers cannot handle the additional traffic. I can deal with it but hope the site does not go down completely this weekend.

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 7:50PM GMT
Yes, I got the internal error message as well. A page refresh resolved it.

The servers are likely overloaded - free week, free time (Saturday between Christmas and New Years) and bad weather in many parts of the country, so people are indoors.

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 8:07PM GMT
Here is other glitch
Attachments:

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 8:14PM GMT
I haven't seen that particular message today, but I have seen it on other occasions. I'm not sure that can be considered a glitch.

If they would quit giving the banner about the free week to me and other subscribers, the servers would not be so overloaded. I've had that banner at least 2 dozen times over the last several days when I open ACOM.

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 8:20PM GMT
I've been seeing that error, too. After backing out of the page and returning a few minutes later, the AMT link is there and the message is gone. I'm also now having problems accessing DBs and viewing posts. I get the error "page not found" but if I refresh the page, and a few times it's taken a couple of refresh attempts, it'll load.

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 9:20PM GMT
Same here. It appears they are working on a project. This always happens when there is an...improvement.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic