Search for content in message boards

SARAH BROWN / WILLIAM MCLEAN, County Antrim N.I.

SARAH BROWN / WILLIAM MCLEAN, County Antrim N.I.

Posted: 10 Jan 2007 1:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BROWN, MCLEAN, KILLEN, LINDSAY, REILLY
Hi, looking for information on a SARAH BROWN who married WILLIAM MCLEAN circa 1864 in County Antrim, Northern Ireland. Sarah's parents were ALEXANDER BROWN and ROSE(ROSENA) KILLEN (KILLIN). Sometime between their marriage and 1867 they moved to Lanarkshire in Scotland and had several children Sarah, Margaret,William, Rosena, Robert, James and Patrick. WILLIAM MCLEAN died in Lanarkshire in 1886 his parents were WILLIAM MCLEAN AND SARAH LINDSAY previously MCLEAN maiden surname REILLY. Two years after William's death Sarah had an illigitimate daughter ANNE BROWN or MCLEAN who died at the age of 6 Sarah Brown died in 1907 aged 56. Any help in finding out where in County Antrim Sarah and William were married would be grately appreciated. Many thanks for taking the time to read this message.

Re: SARAH BROWN / WILLIAM MCLEAN, County Antrim N.I.

Posted: 28 Aug 2007 4:09PM GMT
Hello
Not related.
Hope this helps.

Record Type Civil Marriage
Date of Marriage 17 Sep 1865
Groom Name william MCCLEAN
Bride Name sarah BROWN
Church All Saints Roman Catholic Church
Parish Kirkinriola
Civil District Ballymena
County Antrim

Posted: 29 Aug 2007 7:56AM GMT
Many thanks for posting reply to my message. Any searching I have undertaken regarding Irish descendants has usually came up blank so this is a great start for me. Can you tell me where you managed to find this information as it might help me in my research. I take it there is no mention of Sarah or William's parents to confirm this is who I am looking for? Once again, thank you for getting in touch.

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 10:02PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2013 10:02PM GMT
Moren, seen that you found marriage in Antrim. I have Patrick McLean B. 1817, married, left in 1846 for Canada with brothers. Wife died on passage, married again in Canada.He was from Antrim or Tyrone County. Not much to go on, but had to be married in a Catholic church. Thanks, Tomm

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 1:38AM GMT
sarah brown was age 17 and william was 21 at the time of their marriage. william's father was also william & sarah's father was alexander.

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 1:57AM GMT

Record Type Civil Birth
Date of Birth 11 Nov 1867
Name Sarah MCCLEAN
Gender F
Fathers Name William MCCLEAN
Mothers Forenames Sarah
Mothers Maiden Name BROWN
Civil District Ballymena
Sub District Ballymena
County Antrim