b.2 May 1816 d.1 May 1900 states she is bu. Brooks cementry
near Pleasant Hill, Brown Co.,OH. Can anyone tell me where
to find it? Thanks

Re: Brooks cementry

Charlene Smitson (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2002 2:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Robert,
Brooks Cemetery (New) is located in Pike Township, Brown Co. Ohio. In the "Cemetery Records for Pike Township" printed by the Brown County Genealogical Society it gives the location as : The cemetery is 1 mile South of Mt.Orab, left on Boyd Rd.

There is no Elizabeth Brooks Day listed as being buried in the cemetery, but that doesn't mean that she couldn't be there, maybe there was no marker or the marker was damaged. This Brooks Cemetery is near Pleasant Hill.

There is another Brooks Cemetery (Old) located in Clark Township, Brown Co. Ohio, East on RT 125 thur Bethel, Ohio to Liming Van Thompson Rd, turn left, cemetery is located on Liming Van Thompson ( just pass the intersection of Liming Van Thompson and Bethel-New Hope Rds )
I'm sorry but I don't have a list of the burials in this Brooks Cemetery.

Hope this helps.
Charlene Smitson

Posted: 25 Jan 2002 8:19PM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2002 2:03PM GMT
Thank you so much for your information. We have been able to locate on the map and will make a trip there soon.
Robert Davis

Posted: 13 Jun 2002 2:04PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jan 2005 3:21PM GMT
I read your message concerning Brooks Cemetery in Pike twp., in Brown County, Ohio... That is my Brooks line...I am very familiar with that genealogy... "Eliza" or Elizabeth(Brooks) Day was the sister of my 3xGrt.Grandfather, James Brooks (b.11-10-1810,in Alleghany Co.,PA...d.1-18-1831)
Eliza was born at about 1816 in Hamilton Co. Ohio, soon after
the family had come down the Ohio River on a flatboat. She married James M.Day in Hamilton Co. OH, on Oct. 15th,1835.
Her parents were John & Martha Brooks...that's where our knowlege of the line stops...Both John & Martha were born in
about 1780...probably in PA. John was dead by the 1840 census, but Martha moved into the household of Eliza & James M.Day. She moved with them to Brown Co. OH. We do
not at this time know where John & Martha nor Eliza are buried...But we assume in the Brooks Cemetery...My 3xGrt G., James donated the land to the twp. to be used as a Cem.
It had already been there family cemetery...He owned the land
soon after 1831 or so...So, even John could be buried there...
There are several graves without markers... We would be very interested in sharing more info with you to see if you have other info for us, too. There is another "Brooks" cemetery in Brown Co., too...but it is not our line...that line is out of NC.
In fact, there were 3 separate Brooks lines in Brown Co. as best we can tell...Ours out of PA, another from NC, and another from VA. We have tried in the past to run the Day connection, but to no avail...So, I was very glad to find your message... Please respond...THank You!

Linda Eckert (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2004 6:43AM GMT
My ancestor Ruth Watson married James Brooks. Ruth was b. 1 Jan 1812, married James Brooks 18 Feb. 1831 in Pike Twp., Brown Co., Ohio, John Allen, J.P.. James & Ruth are both buried in the Brooks Cemetery in Pike Twp., Brown Co., Ohio. Is this the same James Brooks that was born in 1810 in Alleghany Co., PA?
I also have a little information on the Day family. Let me know if we have a connection? Thanks.
Linda Eckert
per page

Find a board about a specific topic