Search for content in message boards

VERTIN

VERTIN

George J. Plautz Jr (View posts)
Posted: 20 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: VERTIN, GERDESIC, JAKLIC, KRAKER, STAUDAKER
I am researching all VERTIN or WERTIN families who originated in Doblice or surrounding villages in Crnomelj or Dragatus Parishes. Have information to share and would like to receive that which I do not have. I am looking for family members of the Matt Vertin family of Calumet whose sons founded Vertin Brothers in Calumet. Any auxilliary family information would be great. I also have ties to several other Vertin families which lived in Doblice or north of Doblice. I am willing to network or share my lines of communication to the other Vertin families.

Jaklic line

Posted: 26 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 12:14PM GMT
Surnames: Jaklic, Jazbec, Snorsnik
I have searched for many years for my paternal grandparents, Jerry Jaklic/Jazbec and Ursula Snorsnik, both of whom came from Austria. She was born in Prague and he was born in Bibo circa 1886-1887. They were married here in the states in 1912 and had two children. She died in 1918 and the children were placed in an orphanage. My father was later adopted. His sister died in the orphanage. Any info on the Jaklic name would be greatly appreciated.

Surnames: Jazbec, Grcar, Zore, Novak

Josie Jazbec Leufkens (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jazbec, Grcar, Zore, Novak
Researching Jazbec, Grcar, Cerar - Lukovica, Slovenia, area. Also, researching Zore and Novak, from Hinje, Zuzemberk, Slovenia, area.
Posted: 3 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Aug 2002 11:41PM GMT
Surnames: Cestnik, Petelinsek, Grcar
What info do you have on Grcar? I have info that my Gr. Grandfathers mothers name was Agnes Grcar daughter of Josef Gercar and Margareta Seplar from Sv. MarkoL, parish Trbovlje.

Re: VERTIN

Bob Zgonc (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 2001 5:04AM GMT
There was a Vertin family in Ely, Minnesota from around the 30's and still are there. Matt Vertin senior is now deceased, but was a hotel, and later store owner for many years. There still is a restaurant called Vertin's in Ely. It was run for several years by Matt Vertin Jr., now retired, and in Ely. You might call him.

Posted: 23 Jan 2002 1:32AM GMT
Edited: 21 Feb 2005 2:38AM GMT
One of my ancestors (named Jaklic) married a man whose family name was Vertin and lived in Doblice. They married arround 1850 or so.

George Plautz (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2002 2:31AM GMT
Hi, I believe this is Maria Jaklic who married Mathias Vertin. I have she married him after 1872. She was his second wife. We do not have much data on her. Mathias was the son of Michael & Anna Puhek Vertin, my great great grandmother was Michael's sister Margaretha who married Josef Movrin. Her daughter married George Plautz and I am their great grandson.

Would love to see what else you have on this family as I collect information on all the residents of the Bela Krajina region.

klemen jaklic (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2002 3:16AM GMT
Yes!, her name was Maria and her husband's name was Mathias. The date also fits. I don't have much on Vetrin family, but have done my Jaklic family tree down to 1765. They come form Nemska loka (Unterdeutschau). From that village also Maria came and maried to Doblice. She was a sister of my grate grand father. Another part of my family is also from Bela krajina and that goes back to 1660. Please write more to kjaklic@law.harvard.edu

Re: Surnames: Jazbec, Grcar, Zore, Novak

Posted: 2 Mar 2002 3:55PM GMT
Edited: 7 May 2002 10:14PM GMT
Surnames: Zore
I am looking for Joseph Zore born 1872 in "Yugoslavia" and who spoke German. He immigrated to the US in 1901 and soon there after was in Indianapolis where he died on December 31, 1929. He married Victoria S. Sebance on August 29, 1902 in Indianapolis. She was born on November 17, 1880 in "Yugoslavia" or "Austria." She died on August 12, 1958 in Indianapolis. They attended Holy Trinity Catholic Church Indianapolis which was almost entirely Slovenes. They had 7 children that I know of. I look forward to your response. If you are unfamiliar with them, do you know of any other Zore researchers that I might be able to contact? Thanks a lot.
Doug Cline, Indianapolis

Re: Surnames: Jazbec, Grcar, Zore, Novak

Posted: 2 Mar 2002 4:18PM GMT
I'm sorry, Doug. My surnames are Jazbec/Snorsnik. And as far as I know, they were never in Indiana. I wish you happy hunting...Kari
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions