Search for content in message boards

James Baker Wattenberger

James Baker Wattenberger

Posted: 1 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Aug 2004 7:33AM GMT
Surnames: Baker, Wattenberger
I am looking for any information that someone may have on a James Baker who apparently may have been adopted by a Wattenberger. He was born in Hawkins County, Tennessee. He would have been born here around 1899. He had two brothers by the name of Carson and William who went by the adopted name of Wattenberger. I am at a dead end on my search for him. He was my great grandfather and because he may have been adopted, this makes my search difficult. As far as I know he continued to use the last name of Baker. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Re: James Baker Wattenberger

Posted: 5 Jan 2003 3:01AM GMT
Surnames: wattenberger
hi, im the grandaughter of carson wattenberger, and yes he had a brother by the name of william,but they were murdocksan went by the name of wattenberger, but they had a sister by the name of grace baker. she lives ingreenville tenn. like you i am trying to find out who my great granfather is.if i can help any more contact me. thank you pamwattenberger ervin

pam ervin (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2003 12:04PM GMT
hello, im the granddaughter of carson. him an will left greene co. an moved to harlan an took the name wattenberger. i want to know carsons dads name . if you know let me know.

Posted: 6 Jan 2003 3:37AM GMT
Pam,

Posted: 6 Jan 2003 3:39AM GMT
Pam, I do not know Carson's Dad's name. Sorry. I even asked my dad if he knew. I still can't seem to find anything out about James. Did you ever hear anything about James through your family? Thanks for your reply and good luck with your search.

Diane Clawson (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2003 4:37PM GMT
Pam,
You had mentioned the name Carson. I have a Solomon Wattenbarger (his father spelled the name Wattenberger) who married Mary Polly Humphries. Mary's mother was Rebecca Anna Carson. If this might be a connection, will be happy to send you what info I have found.
Diane Clawson

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 7:28PM GMT
I am the grandson of William H. Murdock, brother of Carson Murdock Wattenberger. kls1947@gmail.com
Please feel free to email me. thank you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions