Search for content in message boards

McTaggart, Edward

McTaggart, Edward

John Selwood (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McTaggart, McEwen
Edward McTaggart and Helen McEwen lived in Dalmaellington Moved to Australia in 1862. They may have returned to Scotland around 1882.

Edward's father was a Patrick B McTaggart
Helen or Ellen's parents were James McEwen and Helen Grant.
She was born 25/09/1829 in Ayr.

Would like any information regarding deaths and other connections. Thanking you

Re: McTaggart, Edward

Posted: 8 May 2007 4:57AM GMT
Dear John, Edward mctaggart and Ellen mcewen were my gg grandparents. My g great grandfather was Hugh born 1857. I have his family tree to myself born in Gympie 1938 and for Mary his sister married Edward Sellwood.Edward and Ellen both died in Gympie.Ellen remarried in 1872.I will be pleased to hear from you. Best wishes Marlene

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 10:24PM GMT
Surnames: Selwood, McTaggart, McEwan
Edward Selwood was my Great, Great Grandfather (Married Edward McTaggart's daughter, Mary).
I've never found a record of them returning to Scotland - but I also wasn't aware of Ellen's second husband?
I have found a useful tool for the Gympie Cemetery where you can search for positions of graves online. I found Edward & Mary's son, Thomas' grave, I went to have a look for Edward & Ellen (Helen's), but its not letting me in right now, please have a look:
http://www.gympiecemeterytrust.com.au/index.php/research/dec...
Another good place to have a look at the details of this line is on sellwood.info, it was put together by Viv Sellwood and traces through the families complete with stories and photos (there are none of Edward & Ellen, but a couple of Mary McTaggart. Feel free to also look at my tree as I have some more photos.
I have traced Patrick back to Ireland, there were a few Prodestant McTaggarts in Ayrshire that originally hailed from Islay, but also a family that came across from Cork, in Ireland, this time a Catholic family. I definitely found a Patrick McTaggart from Maybole that fits this description, and had a son called Edward, and a Granddaughter named Mary. However,I have not yet been able to find a definite connection to say they are the same person. Feel free to drop me a line.

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 10:51PM GMT
Hi
I do not belong to Ancestry and was not able to send you an email. I posted an entry for Sellwood [as did Viv Sellwood]in The Gympie Pioneer Register. I was No 44 BUT they did not include my name or address!
My email address is marlenejoan@bigpond.com

I grew up in Gympie and now live at Burrum Heads. My McTaggart families still live in Gympie
Regards
Marlene
per page

Find a board about a specific topic