Search for content in message boards

Tranbergs of Bornholm

Tranbergs of Bornholm

Posted: 14 Dec 2007 4:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tranberg
I am searching for siblings of Hans Jacob Tranberg, born
1835, who left Bornholm for the Danish West Indies. I am interested in those who remained behind in Bornholm, and another brother who also went to the West Indies.

Re: Tranbergs of Bornholm

Posted: 14 Dec 2007 7:24PM GMT
Hi

Is it this family?

All persons in the household

Bornholm, Øster, Gudhjem, Gudhjem, , NO. 17 - et Hus,

FT-1845

Name: Age: Marital status: Occupation in household: Occupation: Birth place:

Lars Michael Tranberg 40 gift Skipper Gudhjem Sogn, Gudhjem - Bornholms Amt
Karen Kirstine Holm 32 gift hans kone [Lars Michael Tranberg] Vestermarie Sogn - Bornholms Amt
Hans Jacob Tranberg 10 - deres barn Gudhjem Sogn, Gudhjem - Bornholms Amt
Sine Caroline Tranberg 8 - deres barn Gudhjem Sogn, Gudhjem - Bornholms Amt
Jørgen Michael Tranberg 6 - deres barn Gudhjem Sogn, Gudhjem - Bornholms Amt
Lars Petersen Tranberg 1 - deres barn Gudhjem Sogn, Gudhjem - Bornholms Amt
Juliane Mathilde Mickelsen 18 ugift Tjenestepige Christiansø - Bornholms Amt

--
Mvh.
Flemming Aasklint

Posted: 14 Nov 2008 5:23AM GMT
Would you know if Hans Jacob Tranberg married in the West Indies (St. Croix)?
If he did, any children?

I do see a Hans Jacob Tranberg in the 1911 St. Croix census, age 5. Maybe named after him?

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 7:58PM GMT
I visited the grave of Hans Jacob in Frederiksted St. Croix this past week. He rests in a grave that includes his son Lauritz Tranberg ( my grandfather ). My father Emil Tranberg also is resting in the Frederiksted cemetery.

Svend Aage Tranberg

Posted: 25 Feb 2015 2:24AM GMT
Surnames: Tranberg, Steele, Hall
I too am tracing my family ancestry and am a distant relative of yours. My name is Traci Marline Hicks Wolfe. I am contacting you through my sister in law Paige Wolfe's account. My grandmother was Karen Elaine Hall, Daughter of Gerda E Tranberg and Glenn E Hall. Gerda Tranberg is the daughter of Hans Tranberg and Millicent Steele. Hans Tranberg is the son of Hans Jacob Tranberg and Mary Hill (if I have done my research correctly). My family has very little information about the Tranbergs. I never knew my grandmother Karen as she passed away when my father was very young. My great grandmother Gerda did tell me stories about family in Frederiksted that she would visit each year. I believe she has a sister named Thelma. I would love to learn more from you about our ancestry and hope that together we can connect the missing pieces. please contact me at traciwolfe@tx.rr.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic