Search for content in message boards

I AM LOOKING FOR PIERRE RICARD (RECOR-RECORD)

I AM LOOKING FOR PIERRE RICARD (RECOR-RECORD)

Posted: 23 Jun 2001 1:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for help in finding out information on Pierre Ricard, or Recor, or Record. He married a Liza Barrabee, or Berube. He had a son named John Recor, who married a Rosalie Dolbec ? If anyone has any info they could share to spread some light on them, please HELP!!!!
I know they are from Mass., and came from Canada.
Thank you.

Re: I AM LOOKING FOR PIERRE RICARD (RECOR-RECORD)

Posted: 29 Jul 2001 6:01PM GMT
Surnames: Ricard, Barbeau
Pierre Ricard, b. 1854 in Quebec, is my great-grandfather. One of nine children. Married Marie-Louise Barbeau -- whose name seems so similar to your Barrabee or Berube -- in 1876 in Montreal. Migrated to Toledo, Ohio. Eight children. None named John. No apparent Mass. connection. But perhaps some other connection ... ?

Karen Gazaille (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2001 12:54AM GMT
Surnames: Ricard, Record Barrabee
Thank you for your reply. I am not sure if there is a connection to him. I know the one that I am looking for had a son John. Did your Pierre have a son Pierre?

Posted: 31 Jul 2001 3:42PM GMT
Surnames: Boire, Chaloup, Boyer, Chenard, Laroche, Senecal, Laforest, St. Gemmes, Berube, Duebe, Trudeau, Huot, Guillotte
Reviewing other data accrued, think I found a link...

Appears that your Pierre was the brother of Joseph [or Jean?] Athanase Ricard -- my g-g-grandfather. My information shows a Pierre Ricard, birthdate unknown, who married Lisa Berube in 1843. Pierre was the son of Jean-Baptiste Ricard, b. ca. 1778. Jean-Baptiste married twice: Marie Boire in 1796; Marguerite Chaloup [Chaloux?] in 1803. Jean-Baptiste had 11 children.

In addition to Pierre and Joseph Athanse, the children included Augustin, Cecile, Henriette, Joseph Osias, Marie Jovite, Pelagie, Rene Pierre (another of your Pierre's siblings), Maxime and Joseph.

Those 9 siblings married, respectively: Marie Boyer, 1839; Jean-Baptiste Chenard, 1822; Joseph Laroche, 1828; M.-Charlotte Senecal, 1827; Joseph Laforest, 1825; Joseph St.-Gemmes, 1837; Elixabeth Duebe, 1843; Salome Huot ou Guillotte, 1838; Onesime Trudeau, date unknown.

Joseph Athanase married Marguerite Trudeau, 1827. One of their eight children was my g-grandfather Pierre, b. 1854.

Posted: 1 Aug 2001 12:17AM GMT
Thank you so much for the information. We were stuck for so long. It is a great help. At least we have more to go on now.
Thanks again.
Any other info you have would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 1 Aug 2001 2:24PM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2001 10:20PM GMT
Surnames: Ashline/Recor/Lasell
Hi There,

I was intrigued by the fact one of the names was Maxime and On my gggrandfathers death certificate he listed his father as Max. No information was given on his mothers name. Max had quite a few children, among them my g grandfathers name Isaac Recor, along with Wilbur, Charlie, Mary, Addie, William, and Henry, possibly more. So I wondered if you might know the childrens names of Maxime and Salome's children. Isaac was born 3/3/1847, Addie was born in 1859, Wilbur was born in 1849. Would love to hear from you and thanks in advance for your help.

Barbara Combs

Posted: 5 Aug 2001 12:11AM GMT
Edited: 9 Nov 2005 7:47PM GMT
Here is the list of children that I have:

1 Maxime Ricard (Morris Recore), b. 1817 in St-Constant, Laprairie, Quebec, m. Salome Huot ou Guillotte (Selina Deyett), 9 10 1838 in St-Remi, Napierville, Québec

1 Salome Ricard, b. 1840, m. Louis Rielle, 7 10 1856 in Saint-Michel, Québec ...

2 Elezime Ricard (Elli Recore), b. 1843

3 Narcisse (Nelson Recore) Ricard, b. 4 1846 in St-Remi, Napierville, Québec, m. Suzanne Dumas, 1 2 1869
        in Hemmingford, Québec, d. 4 2 1928 in Malone, New York, USA ...

4 Noe Ricard (Noah Recore), b. ca. 1851, m. Sophie Beaudin, 2 7 1872 in St-Chrysostome, Chateauguay,
        Quebec

5 Louis Ricard, b. 1852 in St-Remi, Napierville, Québec

6 Marie Ricard (Mary Recore), b. 1854, m. Moise Dumas (Moses Dumas), 11 1 1869 in Hemmingford,
        Québec, d. 1 1932 ...

7 Marie-Helene Ricard, b. 11 7 1856 in Saint-Patrice-de-Sherrington, Québec, d. 7 1856 ...

8 Francois Ricard (Frank Recore), b. 1858

9 Francis Recore, b. 1860 in Huntingdon, Québec, m. Marguerite (Maggie, Mina) Dumas, d. ca. 1932 in
        Ogdensburg, New York, USA ...

10 Marguerite Ricard , b. 3 1867, m. Joseph Sorel, 23 11 1885 in Saint-Michel, Québec ...

Posted: 5 Aug 2001 12:24AM GMT
Edited: 9 Nov 2005 7:47PM GMT
Hi Karen,

I believe the Pierre Ricard youare looking for is the son of Jean-Baptiste Ricard and Marguerite Chaloup.
He married Lisa Berube on February 27 1843 at St-Edouard-de-Napierville, Napierville, Quebec. I do not have any of his children listed, but if he is the one you are looking for I would appreciate receiving any information you might have on his descendants.

Gabriel

Posted: 5 Aug 2001 2:15AM GMT
Thank you forthe reply. Whose children are they? Pierre's or Jean-Baptiste?

Posted: 5 Aug 2001 2:23AM GMT
Yes, I think it is the right one, too. I do have a list of the descendants, at least some of them. I will put it together and send it to you.
Thanks again for the reply

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions