Search for content in message boards

SC Beard's

SC Beard's

Posted: 6 Nov 2005 4:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bobb, Lindler, Johnson, King, Baird/Beard, Davenport, Wessinger, Nates...
Looking for any information on South Carolina Baird's/ Beard's. Specifically, Stephen Baird/Beard, born 17 Sep 1796 and died 1 Aug 1856 in Newberry Co., SC. He and his wife, Mary B. Spence Baird/Beard. Both are buried in the Baird Cemetery in Newberry Co., SC. I am looking for information on his parents.

Re: SC Beard's

Posted: 30 Sep 2006 8:58PM GMT
Bonni, Do you know of any brothers of Stephen? Do you know his father?

Our brick wall is John Beard in SC about 1796 (born earlier we think). He was married to Elizabeth. They had a son Martin and two daughters, Huldah and Martha Ann. Martin's family came to Franklin Co., AL about 1860.

Thanks,

Laura Beard Dial

Janice Palmer McLellan (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2006 9:24PM GMT
Surnames: Beard, Baird, Spence, Jackson, Verner
Dear cousin Bobbi:
I also descend from Stephen Baird. I dropped out of sight for a few years but am now back working on my Beard book. Let's keep in touch.

To all Beard on the maillist:
I have done a lot of research on all the SC Beards. There are two lines: Irish and German. The John, father of Martin, Huldah and Martha Ann is from the German Beards. Hence the name "Martin" is very German (Martin Luther). I have traced this family to the deep South.

My connection is to Stephen E. Beard (aka Baird), who in the early 1800s, bought land located in Lexington Co, SC and previously owned by a John Beard. The plat even had a little house drawn on the plat named "John Beard home."

Most of my Stephen's children married German descendants and they lived in the Dutch Fork district of Newberry County.

I do not believe John and Stephen are related to Alexander, who appears to be an Irish Beard.

Regards,
Cousin Janice

Janice Palmer McLellan
6302 Fairview Dr.
Pensacola, FL 32505-2057
Phone: 850/432-5291
Email: jbpalmer22@cox.net

Posted: 2 Oct 2006 11:19PM GMT
Surnames: Bobb, Lindler, Johnson, King, Baird/Beard, Davenport, Wessinger, Nates, Spence, Livingston, Shealy, Reeder, Pounds, Slice
Laura, I found (listed in a book, the Lexington County, South Carolina 1850 Census Second Edition) John Beard, age 55, with wife Elizabeth, age 46, and two daughters, Hudlah, age 18 and Martha Ann, age 15. No further data was listed. The next household was that of Martin Beard, age 20, and wife Emeline, age 20.

I do not know if this family is related to Stephen or not.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic