Search for content in message boards

John Gregory

John Gregory

Posted: 1 May 2011 9:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for info on John Gregory(04/04/1846)wife Sarah/Sallie son William Henry? Gregory(1868). Need birth/death certs and names of mother and father. Any help appriciated.

Re: John Gregory

Posted: 2 May 2011 7:48PM GMT
Hello
John J. Gregory born 4-4-1846 died 9-8-1909 buried Moyock, Nc. was son of John J. and Media at Indian Ridge, Nc. that is
Crawford, Nc. Acording to 1850 and 1860 Census. He Married Sarah born 1844 dead by 1893 at Moyock, William Horace Gregory born 8-7-1868 died 1-28-1915 in Norfolk, Va. I hope this helps i have more info just tell me what you need.
Jack

Posted: 3 May 2011 12:50AM GMT
Hi Jack
Thanks for your info. 1. How did you find Horace = H, for William H? He was my grandfather and all this time we thought H = Henry!! Wm H was married 2x--Ida V Poyner and Norah Kate Downing (my grandmother). Things get confusing after Wm H. Poyner marriage lists parents of Wm H as Sarah and John. So my g grandparents are Sarah and John. 2. Do youhave marriage info for them? have had no luck with that. But a 2nd marriage of John to Emma J West (1893-Moyock) list John and Meddie. 3. Is "Media" same as "Meddie"? Also 1850 fed census list John Gregory with "Mariam" and children
John and Sarah Turner (future wife?). 4. So is "Media" same as "Meddie" same as "Mariam" ?? so confusing

Last question: Once the federal census become "tick" marks,
(1840, 1830) how do you research anybody by name?? Judy

Posted: 3 May 2011 6:02PM GMT
Hello Judy
I see you have been talking with Jean, you told her Wm.H. and Norah Kate Downing were married 4-14-1910 in Portsmouth, Va. Did it say who was William`s parents were, The reason i ask is that there was 2 William H Gregory born 1868 one was in Nc.the other was Princess Anne Co. one was born June 1868
the other was born Aug.1868 Now I am confused one died in Norfolk the other died at sea. William Horace Gregory is the one that died at sea, his Family is buried at Powells Point Cemetery, Nc. First thing you need to do is find out who is who. Good Luck

You can contact me at egor@wyan.org
Jack
per page

Find a board about a specific topic