Search for content in message boards

My sister is a member on Ancestry.com and she can't see the tree I created...

My sister is a member on Ancestry.com and she can't see the tree I created...

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 11:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
She says every time she goes to my tree it says 'private' for all of our family members, how do I go about granting her access to view it? Her family is on my tree but it isnt making a connection with her member profile.

I should note that I am no longer a member, however I worked pretty hard on retrieving all the info I have there now and I want to pass it on to her so that both of us can contribute what we find. Is it possible? Do I have to become a member first?

I tried that Member Connect thing and maybe I'm just not understanding how use the tool, when I go to the 'member connect' tab on her profile, it says something about being difficult to locate her because she's living, but I can find her through her username.

Please help.

Thank you!

Re: My sister is a member on Ancestry.com and she can't see the tree I created...

Posted: 4 Jan 2013 12:08AM GMT
Edited: 4 Jan 2013 12:11AM GMT
"I should note that I am no longer a member..."

What you mean, I think, is subscriber. You must be at least a "guest" member to post in this forum.

You simply need to invite her to view your tree as a guest, contributor or editor.

Re: My sister is a member on Ancestry.com and she can't see the tree I created...

Posted: 4 Jan 2013 4:51PM GMT
Make sure you check the box that says something along the lines of "can see living people". The default for guests to tree is set to not being able to see living people, so after inviting someone, if you wish them to be able to view living folks, you need to go back into the sharing part and change that setting.

Posted: 4 Jan 2013 5:43PM GMT
Yep I meant paying subscriber, sorry dont know the lingo for this site. But I tried to send an invitation and she was only able to see one person and the rest were still set as 'private'

Posted: 4 Jan 2013 5:44PM GMT

Oh, I will try that.

Thank you jwardh!

Posted: 4 Jan 2013 6:06PM GMT
It worked!

Thank you!!!

Posted: 4 Jan 2013 8:10PM GMT
Glad to hear it. :)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions