Search for content in message boards

William Martin

William Martin

crystal hunter (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2000 7:11PM GMT
Does anybody have any info regarding Rev. william Martins nephews: David and William? My gggrandfather William F. Martin might be related to one of them. I'm desperate. Please contact me. Thank You

search for GrandFather

H.E.Martin (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2000 9:26PM GMT
William F.Martin married Margaret Nettie Martin [maiden name same] July 10 1919 In Saginaw MI. They had 3 children Blyth E. Charles [not sure of this name] and Gladys They divorced 6>8 years later? Charles went with William reason unknown Any Info. Thanks

looking for grandfather

Posted: 24 Feb 2000 9:58PM GMT
Thanks for answering my query but unfortanately its the wrong William. My William was born in Sc. 1793 and married Mary Green Johnson. I have really hit a brick wall with this one. I guess I can rule this family out at least. Thanks.

Rev. William Martin of Bedford Co., TN

Posted: 25 Feb 2000 11:29PM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2003 1:41AM GMT
Crystal Hunter: Just read your query. Tell me more about your Rev. William Martin. (There are many Rev. William Martins evidently.) My ancestor William Martin was born in 1776 and died in 1854 in Bedford Co., TN, and had the nickname Cedar Billy. Any chance this was your ancestor?

Martin

Posted: 26 Feb 2000 4:51AM GMT
Thanks for answering my query. My William was born 1793 in Sc. and die in the 1870s in mo. His nickname was fields martin.

William Martin

Posted: 30 Nov 2000 3:08PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2003 4:00AM GMT
Did your Rev. William Martin (Cedar Billy) have a son William L. Martin who later went to Miss? William L. Martin was my great-great grandfather and we have met a brick wall trying to research him. Am pretty sure he was an elder at a Presbyterian church in Miss. and know of at least 3 children he had, Bruce Wallace Martin, Mignon Martin and L. Harrison Martin. Bruce Wallace was my Great grandfather and he was born in 1868.

Re: Rev. William Martin of Bedford Co., TN

Posted: 17 Jul 2001 7:47PM GMT
Edited: 3 Oct 2003 12:52AM GMT
Surnames: Martin,Russell
I am researching the Martins of TN. In particular I
am trying to find the ancestors of George MARTIN (born
1790) who was married to Patience RUSSELL. He was born
in SC, married in Franklin Co GA and then moved to
Lincoln Co, TN. Their first son was William Russell
Martin also of Lincoln Co. They were Presbyterians, I
think. Could your Rev Wm Martin be George's father?
Thanks for any clues you may have.

Re: William Martin

Posted: 17 Aug 2001 4:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Sep 2001 3:08AM GMT
Surnames: Martin
I have a rev. William F Martin in family. Born in 1842. Could this be one and the same? If so I need info on him and his children. Also info on William Duncan Martin my GG. and any other sisters or brothers of his. If you can help I would appreciate it.

Re: Rev. William Martin of Bedford Co., TN

Posted: 4 May 2002 3:32AM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2003 1:41AM GMT
No, Elder William "Cedar Billy" Martin was Baptist, and George was not one of his children. I can remember reading about a Rev. William Martin, who was Presbyterian--and he was an Irish immigrant. No relation to Cedar Billy.

Re: William Martin

Posted: 1 May 2005 3:20PM GMT
Surnames: Martin
Rev. William Martin , Presbyterian Minister , came to America from Ireland , he was born 16May1729. he left Ireland and brought with him 467 familys on 5 ships , to South Carolina. He died 25OCT1806. He had 3 nephews , Hugh Wilson , William Martin and David Martin . The deed showing he left his lands to these 3 men , in recorded in Chester Co SC, Deed Book G Page 257. William Martin , {the nephew} married Nancy , they had a son James Martin , he married Rachel McClure , they had a son David Martin . David Married Nancy ? They moved to Alabama ,,,they had 5 sons and 1 daughter , their first son was Edward Rufus Martin Edward Rufus is my great grand father . Now , for the big question , are we kin ? Let me hear from you , Leta Martin Terrell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions