Search for content in message boards

Hays in PA

Hays in PA

Posted: 3 Mar 2004 8:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 May 2004 5:58PM GMT
Tracing Hays in Spring Twp., Perry Co., PA, specifically Clara Hays m. John William Rhinesmith. Any help appreciated

Re: Hays in PA

Posted: 26 Apr 2007 5:41AM GMT
How far back were the Hays in PA?
I am researching the Hayes (Hays) & Clark line also.
So far mine as far as I have gone is to TN.

Posted: 21 May 2007 7:12AM GMT
Surnames: Hays
We are doing some history on the HAYS family that settled just outside of Pittsburgh in Mifflin Township about 1767. This HAYS family came from Baltimore County Maryland. They owned property, sold lumber, became coal miners, owned mines, riverboats. The borough of Hays was named for this family in 1902. Members of their family served in the Revolutionary War.

We just did a search and found that there was a HAYS family in Tennessee. NO relations that we are aware of came from there. It would be nice if we could connect the dots . . .

Posted: 22 May 2007 2:08PM GMT
Surnames: Hays, Rhinesmith
Insofar as I know, my Hays family was pretty well confined to Spring Twp, Perry County. Did have an Edgar and Frank Hays in Michigan. Edgar was a farmer and Frank owned a trucking company. My grandmother, Clara Rhinesmith (Hays) was born in Alinda. Think I may have some Hays in the Revolutionary War as well.

Chuck

Posted: 23 Sep 2007 3:23PM GMT
Surnames: hays
i am trying to trace my hays roots. my grand father harry scott hayes was born in pa 1895. as where his parents ido know names. harry moved to cacapon wv married cicil mcmullin had 2sons worked for the b/o railroad one day just left his family his car was foynd at bottom of a quarry.we are cheokee idian harrys grand father was a idian chief.i cannot find anything else.any help would be greatful. thank u

Posted: 5 Oct 2007 5:23PM GMT
The HAYS family that we are researching was not native american. They were originally from europe and were called De La Hay. They settled in Western Pennsylvania, specifically in Mifflin Township about 1767. The family name was not spelled with an "E" and they never moved to another state.
I am searching for someone who is a descendent to help to fill in some lineage.

Posted: 24 Nov 2008 4:33PM GMT
My connection with the Hays family is my grandmother, Clara Clark Rhinesmith (Hays), Alinda, Spring, Perry County, PA b. 1879. Have it on good authority that the line extends back to Mary Ludwig Hays (Molly Pitcher) heroine in the Revolutionary War. Have recently located a "cuzzin" in Landisburg, PA who is a virtual wellspring of information on Rhinesmith/Hays genealogy. Respond directly if you wish: tottka1@livingston.net

Chuck

Posted: 25 Nov 2008 8:48PM GMT
Can you tell me where Perry County, PA was located?

The HAYS family that we are researching lived in southwestern Pennsylvania, specifically in Mifflin Township. The borough of Hays, which became a part of the city of Pittsburgh in 1902, was named for this prominent family. We can find no connection to the family in any other locations in the United States. Some additional information is contained in the previous threads on this website.

Posted: 26 Nov 2008 3:03PM GMT
Perry County is located in south central PA at Harrisburg, Mechanicsburg, Lancaster etc around I76 and I80. There is (or was) a large conclave of Hays folks in the area, most of whom are related to me (paternal side). It is thought that they may be related to "Molly Pitcher" (Mary Ludwig Hays), although this is not firmly established. My Hays family extends into Michigan, Illinois, New Mexico and other states.
If so desired, you may contact me directly at: tottka1@livingston.net

Chuck Rhinesmith
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions