Search for content in message boards

Ira Lawrence Harris

Ira Lawrence Harris

Posted: 1 Jan 2000 9:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jan 2013 5:41AM GMT
Surnames: Harris
Looking for information about my father Ira Lawrence Harris and his relatives. Am told family is from around Umitilla, Oregon. My birth certificate says he was from Union Oregon. I know he served in the Navy around 1950. Any information would really be appreciated.

Ira Lawrence Harris

Posted: 3 Mar 2000 10:20AM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2013 5:41AM GMT
Hi Ellen Lee. I'm not sure if I can Help but, My father was Newton Howard Harris, He resided in Umatilla county I am one out of five I will ask my oldest sister to help. If you have anything on Newton please E-mail me. Thanks Toni

Ira Lawrence Harris

Posted: 6 Jul 2000 12:47PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2013 5:42AM GMT
Toni-appreciate you taking the time to check on this for me. I have no information on any Harris family member but what I was able to give you at first. I have never got to speak or see my father so I am quite new to the Harris family except for my name. Any and I cannot stress that enough any help at all would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions that I may be able to ask my mom about please let me know. She says he was part Indian, spoke little english, they were married for one year and one day. He joined the Navy during that time which would have been 1950 or 1951. I was born in Portland on 9/30/51. Thanks again.

Ira Lawrence Harris

Posted: 6 Jul 2000 4:56PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2013 5:47AM GMT
Dear Ellen; unfortunately I am not finding an Ira L. Harris in the family file that I have. But I will keep looking.

Toni

Ira Lawrence Harris

Posted: 6 Jul 2000 8:35PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2013 5:43AM GMT
I appreciate your time and effort more than you know. I have tried to talk to my mom and she will tell me very little as if she really doesn't want me to know. She has told me he was Mexican Indian but nothing about family or anything that may help me find relatives or family history. Again I appreciate your time and effort, I have been feeling like I am beating my head against a brick wall. Oh yeah she said he may use the nickname Larry if that would help in the quest. But for a minute I had hopes I had found a relative-that would have been so nice :-)Thanks so much for the time and effort.

Ira Lawrence Harris

Posted: 6 Jul 2000 9:21PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2013 5:46AM GMT
Ellen: Don't give up hope. If he was in the service you can contact them for his service records. I asked my cousin and he doesn't recall seeing him. Another sorce is the Mormon Library. They have lots of information for free or very little money. I do mean very little. You can get disks and micro film for anywhere from $2.00 and up.

If I find anything I will let you know.

Toni

Ira Lawrence Harris

Posted: 6 Jul 2000 9:27PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2013 5:44AM GMT
Thank you for your help-am checking the mormon libray now and have a stepdaughter who has a little access to it since she is a mormon and lives near the library. I won't give up as long as there are people like you who are kind enough to give a helping hand. I am strongly looking forward to finding some family on his side-I did find some family on my mom's side that I did not know about that does not live to far away and we meet on line-so I guess there is hope. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Ira Lawrence Harris

Posted: 7 Jul 2000 5:07AM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2013 5:45AM GMT
You are welcome to any help I might be able to give. I am having the same problem only it is on my mothers side. Am sitting here just waiting for officials to cut the red tape so that I can get some information on her. My cousin did most all of the Harris side so now it is up to me to find out about my mom. Never give up sometimes it takes longer then you want it to but in the end it all will work out.

Toni

Ira Lawrence Harris

Posted: 8 Oct 2000 7:20PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2013 5:45AM GMT
I am still not having any luck. Maybe someone in you family know of my mother or grandmother. Hilda Essex who was married twice to a Platz, Mitchell. Hilda had a set of twins Doris Donald, and another daughter Hilda Jane. Maybe if someone could remember those names it would give a place to start. I thank you for your time.

Re: Ira Lawrence Harris

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 4:52AM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2013 5:46AM GMT
Hilda Jane is in my family tree along with Essex. please contact me and I will share what I have.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions