Search for content in message boards

Levin Watkins of North Carolina

Levin Watkins of North Carolina

Posted: 3 Jun 2001 9:43AM GMT
Edited: 12 Feb 2002 3:34AM GMT
I am looking for the parents of Levin Watkins, born about 1740, of Duplin County, North Carolina. He had two brothers, Peter and Mitchell. Levin was married to Edith Hinnant or Hilliard. I have searched the book, Watkins Family of North Carolina, and other vital statistics but cannot find this information. Would surely appreciate any help regarding Levin's ancestry...where did he immigrate from??? Thanks

Re: Levin Watkins of North Carolina

Posted: 15 Feb 2003 7:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Jan 2005 8:29AM GMT
Some believe the father of the three Watkins brothers (Levin, Mitchell & Peter) may have been JOHN, and *his father* may have been WILLIAM (or it may be vice-versa!)... anyway, it's a starting point I suppose! I desc. from MITCHELL WATKINS, SR., R.S., b ca 1740s Edgec. Co. Would love to hear from and share info with others of this family line. Thanks, Tina/CA tpeddie@charter.net

Re: Levin Watkins of North Carolina

Posted: 10 Oct 2013 4:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
I too am looking for parents of Levin Watkins born c.1740 Duplin County North Carolina. Many of the trees show father as John Watkins and mother as Lydia Peacock. However, in the copy of John's will that I saw, of thirteen children listed there is no Levin or his brothers Mitchell or Peter.

Someone else said that three brothers named Levin, Mitchell, and Peter born in Wales immigrated and one of them was the father of the three brothers Levin, Mitchell, and Peter born in North Carolina. I haven't found anything to confirm this. Still looking for something definite.

Paula
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions