Search for content in message boards

Cropredy Look-up Bloxham family

Cropredy Look-up Bloxham family

Posted: 14 Jun 2005 8:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bloxham Blagrave
On the IGI there is an entry via a LDS church member which says that a Richard Bloxham married Ann Blagrave at Cropredy on 29 July 1722. I would be very grateful if anyone could please check this in the parish registers and if there is any more information particularly on Richard Bloxham.

I am trying to find out if this was the couple who had children baptised in Chacombe, Farnborough and Burton Dassett over the next 15 or so years.
Eric Bloxham

Re: Cropredy Look-up Bloxham family

Penny Eves (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2005 8:17AM GMT
Hi Eric ...

As submitted listings on the IGI can sometimes be a little "suspect", I thought you might like to know that your BLOXHAM/BLAGRAVE marriage appears on the OFHS's marriage index. All details as you gave, except that Ann's name is spelt with an "e". Richard is recorded as coming from "Chalcombe NTH" (which I presume to be Chacombe, as I'm fairly local and know the area!).

Penny

Posted: 29 Jan 2008 10:41AM GMT
I have a family in my history called Bolxham. I have traced back to Richard Bloxham born around 1694 in Banbury. He married Elizabeth Swift (born around 1698 in Chacombe) They married 14 March 1719 in Chacombe.

My family line continues through Richard and Elizabeth's son Dew, and then Dew's daughter Sarah from his second marriage to Sarah Hapkings.

I wondered if this was linked into your research perhaps.

Posted: 29 Jan 2008 9:04PM GMT
Hi Matt
I don't have any known ancestors from Banbury, but it is close to my family's area. My lot came from the Burton Dassett/ Avon Dassett area. I go back to a Samuel Bloxham around 1670. The trail goes cold there probably because of the Civil War. There was a close connection to Chacombe during the 1700s, but there were other Bloxhams there as well. Burton Dassett is close to the conjunction of the 3 counties of Warwickshire, Oxfordshire and Northamptonshire so the Bloxham families in the area could be closely related
regards
Eric
per page

Find a board about a specific topic