Search for content in message boards

descendants of Sir Alexander Fleming

descendants of Sir Alexander Fleming

Lisa Marie Fleming (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2000 10:25PM GMT
I am searching for any descendants of Sir Alexander Fleming, the doctor who "discovered" penicillin. All I know is that I am somehow related to him. If you have any information or would like more details, please email me. Thank you.

Re: descendants of Sir Alexander Fleming

Alan Wootton (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2002 12:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fleming
My wife is also a descendant of Sir Alexander Fleming and we have a lot of information about the family. You may care to start by visiting our website: http://communities.msn.co.uk/WoottonFamily/ and then click on the side bar "Family history overview" and then "Fleming line".

Please make contact if you think we can explore this further or if anyone else has made contact in the meantime

Alan Wootton

Posted: 19 Jul 2003 6:34PM GMT
I just returned from London, went to Saint Paul's Cathedral, where I saw my relative buried there. My Mum was Ruth Fleming from Endland and her grandmother was Una Raincock le fleming (some of flemings dropped the le). My maiden name is Davis. Are you a relative?

Posted: 11 Dec 2008 6:14PM GMT
Have you had a look at the book The Fleming family of Rydal Hall? This covers the (Le) Flemings of Cumberland and Westmorland from the Norman Conquest throught o the present day. Una Raincock Le Fleming's line of descent is shown in the family tree.

You can find the book on www.le-fleming.com.

It's worth a look.

Posted: 11 Dec 2008 6:34PM GMT
Beware though. There are a lot of incorrect claims of descent from that family.

Posted: 6 Nov 2009 9:29PM GMT
My history day group and i are doing our project on Sir Alexander Fleming. Please email us any information you have about him it would help us a lot. thanks.

Posted: 14 Apr 2010 5:19AM GMT
My Step-Father, PETER L. FLEMING is related to Alexander Fleming. He has passed away, thats why I am posting this for him.Thanks.

Posted: 17 Apr 2010 4:17PM GMT
I don't believe that Sir Alexander is in my family line. The only knowledge I have of my Fleming ancestry is that they were from the Northern Part of Ireland. They were ScotIrish. When they arrived in this country (U.S.A.)through the port of New Orleans, La in the mid to late 1800's they settled in the Southeastern part of Louisiana. Even though they have English ties through marriage they were from County Fermanagh, North Ireland.

Posted: 17 Apr 2010 4:22PM GMT
I don't believe that Sir Alex is in my family line. The only knowledge I have of my Fleming ancestry is that they were from the Northern Part of Ireland. They were Scot Irish not English. When they arrived in the U.S. they came through the Port of New Orleans, La in the mid to late 1800's. They settledin the Southeastern part of Louisiana. Even though they have English ties through marriage they were from County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland

Posted: 8 Jun 2010 4:38PM GMT
Hi Lisa,

I'm related to Alexander Fleming. My Grandfather Harold is his nephew, and is mentioned in several books written about Fleming.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions