Search for content in message boards

O'rourke and Camp family histories

O'rourke and Camp family histories

Jason Padgett (View posts)
Posted: 22 Sep 2003 1:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: O'rourke, Camp
Hello,

I was hoping someone could guide me in the right direction. I am looking for any information I can find on two of my relatives.

The first is Joe O'rourke. He was my great grandfather and husband to Ida Camp. They married in Columbia, Arkansas and moved to Texas. Ida's family remained in Arkansas and her relatives are there today. Ida's parents were Sebron Camp and Almedia Maness. I can't find any info on Joe at all. I'm am trying to figure out who his parents were. As far as I know, he had no siblings. It's a possibility that his parents names were Edward and Margaret, but I can't varify that.

The second relative I am looking for info on is Sebron Camp (mentioned above). He was married to Almedia Maness and was killed in a hunting accident near Sulpher Springs. I'm trying to find out who his parent's were but info is vary scarce on him. His daughter, Ida Camp, was my great grandmother. I can provide some further info on this family, if needed.

Thank you in advance for any information or guidance you can provide.

Jason Padgett

Re: O'rourke and Camp family histories

Posted: 25 Nov 2004 11:25PM GMT
Well Jason, maybe I can help you a little on the O'Rourke family. Joe Orourke did have siblings and his father's name was William O'Rourke born May 1843 in Ireland.
Joe had two brothers. One brother was William Edward O'Rourke and the other was Patric O'Rourke.
William O'Rourke may have died between 1900 and 1910 as Joe and Patric are in Tarrant County, Ft. Worth, Texas by 1910. Patric is in Oklahoma by 1920 and Joe can be found in Ft. Worth in 1920 and 1930.
Edward O'Rourke ( Joe's brother married Ella Peterson and I think she and their son Sam must have died as Ed O'Rourke is found in 1910, 1920, and 1930 with a second wife and started another family.
I will E-mail you with the rest that I have found.

Posted: 5 Jan 2009 9:41AM GMT
Hello, my God-mother is a descendant of this family through the daughter Annie who married Levi Dunlap. I am filling in the family tree with as much information as I can for Betty who is in her late 70s and has an aunt still living. I would very much apprecate any information that you are willing and able to share, especially mutual invites to the family tress.

Have you had any success in finding either parents or siblings for William O'Rourke?

Thank you.

Happy New Year!

Cordially,

Susan Kielpinski
creative52x52x@yahoo.com

Posted: 10 Feb 2009 6:16AM GMT
Jason, Joseph O'Rourke and Ida O'Rourke were my grandparents. You must be one of my Aunt Mary's grandchildren. I am one of Jack Byron O'Rourke's daughters. I do know where Joseph O'Rourke was born and he did have at least one sibling, Patrick O'Rourke. Uncle Pat and Joseph both moved to Fort Worth Texas where they settled and worked for the railroad.Contact me and I will give you more information. Jean Sweek

Posted: 10 Feb 2009 6:39AM GMT
Joseph O'Rourke was my grandfather. He did infact have a brother, Patrick. My dad was the youngest child of Joe and Ida (Camp) O'Rourke. Joe O'Rourke died about 1937, when my dad was just 12 years old. Ida never remarried. Uncle Pat had TB in his later years and spent some time in a sanitarium for treatment of it. His wife was called Mandy by my grandmother and my dad but I saw her name printed as Manda. To my knowledge they never had children.

Are you in some way related to the O'Rourke's? Jean Sweek

Posted: 10 Feb 2009 7:07AM GMT
Jean, I am kin to Ida Camp that married Joe O'Rourke. Ida and I both descend from the Maness family
Ida's parents were Seaborn Camp and Almedia Maness. Almedia's father Rufus Maness was my Great Great grandmother's brother

Joe O'Rourke and Pat also had a brother named William Edward O'Rourke and he was married to my grandfather's sister and after her death he married Viola Powell.
My email address is Jpete75910@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic